Author Topic: Corona Renderer 6 for 3ds Max - Daily Builds Discussion  (Read 130554 times)

2020-04-14, 16:48:48
Reply #165

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Hi,
it's been mentioned phoenix foam and splashes will be supported on the next daily build.....I was wondering, when are you planning to release it?

I apologize if this has been already requested.

Kindest regards,

F

As soon as possible. :)

I can see the Render Setup dialogue window is "rendering" to long. Redrawing takes a lot of time.
Is this happening only with Corona, or with other renderers too?
Maybe this will help? See "possible solutions", especially point 5: https://coronarenderer.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/12000011479

Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2020-04-14, 21:30:04
Reply #166

scionik

• Active Users
    • View Profile

2020-04-15, 14:17:04
Reply #167

Ryuu

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Michal
    • View Profile
The next daily build candidate is in QA testing right now. If we managed to fix all the bugs introduced by new features without replacing them by a different set of bugs, it should be released today. If not today, then almost certainly by the end of the week.

Regarding the new bloom and glare: will we also be getting the lens scratches, lens dust, obstacle image and filter image like v-ray? Aperture shape currently is a somewhat simplified version, will it be overhauled with the same settings as v-ray?

AFAIK the internal prototype has the same settings as V-Ray does. Since there's a shitload of them, I would personally prefer to try and simplify the settings somehow, but we didn't look into that yet.

2020-04-15, 14:49:41
Reply #168

Flavius

• Active Users
    • View Profile

AFAIK the internal prototype has the same settings as V-Ray does. Since there's a shitload of them, I would personally prefer to try and simplify the settings somehow, but we didn't look into that yet.

Completely agree!

2020-04-15, 15:09:01
Reply #169

Dalton Watts

• Active Users
    • View Profile

Nice!

2020-04-15, 16:11:57
Reply #170

Feodor

• Active Users
    • View Profile
HI!
I’m an old fart at 3ds max and used to use compact material editor, it doesn’t display OSL when choosing textures. Is it possible to fix this?

3ds max 2020

Thank you very much!

2020-04-15, 18:02:58
Reply #171

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Corona for 3ds Max QA Team
    • View Profile
HI!
I’m an old fart at 3ds max and used to use compact material editor, it doesn’t display OSL when choosing textures. Is it possible to fix this?

3ds max 2020

Thank you very much!
Hi,

This works fine for me. AFAIK this could be something to do with your local Max version.

Since this is not related to the daily builds, please can you create a topic on the "I need help" section of the forums.

Cheers,

Rowan
Please read this before reporting bugs: How to report issues to us!
Send me your scene!

2020-04-15, 19:08:55
Reply #172

pokoy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
HI!

3ds max 2020

Thank you very much!

This is a Max problem as far as I know, not sure if really a Corona problem. OSL for some reason doesn't display in the browser when you want to assign a map through a click on a map slot, you have to use the 'Get Material' button to see OSL. Yes, it's very cumbersome to nest map that way... I have reported this but never got a response - if you report this to Autodesk chances are this gets a higher priority.

2020-04-15, 20:56:11
Reply #173

Feodor

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I have reported this but never got a response - if you report this to Autodesk chances are this gets a higher priority.

It is only possible not in our universe.

Now I have discovered another problem with the camera. The geometry disappears when I control the geometry through the camera, for example: selection, movement, and so on.
I selected the geometry, everything in the camera disappeared, I need to move the camera so that everything appears again and so all the time, I have to turn on the perspective.
This problem arises on the second project in a row.

Second problem
There is an old project that sent you a long time ago, it was created in Max 2016. Opened in Max 2020, now every time you cancel the render, it crashes 3ds Max. Corona 5 version, this is not observed.

2020-04-15, 21:13:49
Reply #174

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Now I have discovered another problem with the camera. The geometry disappears when I control the geometry through the camera, for example: selection, movement, and so on.
I selected the geometry, everything in the camera disappeared, I need to move the camera so that everything appears again and so all the time, I have to turn on the perspective.
This problem arises on the second project in a row.

Do you suspect it's Corona related? What camera you're using? Native? Corona? Vray? Is it happening only with the daily builds? In any case, you should start new topic in bug reporting, or i need help board. This isn't the right place for this.

Second problem
There is an old project that sent you a long time ago, it was created in Max 2016. Opened in Max 2020, now every time you cancel the render, it crashes 3ds Max. Corona 5 version, this is not observed.

If there's a crash, there's a minidump. Please attach it to your report, or upload it to Corona private uploader. It is not enough to say "it crashes" - devs needs clues.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2020-04-16, 18:36:29
Reply #175

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Corona for 3ds Max QA Team
    • View Profile
  • Fixed 3ds Max asserts appearing during scene loading.
  • Improved UI of Corona Converter - it was reorganized, made more consistent and updated
  • Fixed toolbar's right click context menu deleting incorrect button.
  • Added support for PhoenixFD Foam
    • Note that interactive is working only with the latest Phoenix nightly build (6.4.2020)
  • Fixed motion blur not working in 3ds Max 2017 and older
  • Fixed crashes and wrong displays of some maps (introduced in v6)
  • Cgeo loader (CoronaProxy) made robust against (0, 0, 0) normals
  • Fixed wrong computation of normals during 2.5D displacement while having complex smoothing groups.
  • Fixed rare crash in IR when removing light select render element
  • Performance improvements of adaptive environment sampler
  • Fixed crash when closing VFB during IR session
  • MultiMap - Fixed wrong result when mixing two maps with non default frequencies
  • CoronaProxy - fixed crash when picking geometry from scene.

GO GO GO! :D
Please read this before reporting bugs: How to report issues to us!
Send me your scene!

2020-04-16, 22:23:15
Reply #176

Flavius

• Active Users
    • View Profile
GO GO GO! :D
[/quote]

YES YES YES! :D

IT WORKS ! You have no idea for how long I've been waiting for this ! I have questions and suggestions. Will there be a new thread about this where I can say some stuff?

« Last Edit: 2020-04-16, 23:08:48 by Flavius »

2020-04-16, 23:10:38
Reply #177

pokoy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Well, this looks nice!

No PhoenixFD here unfortunately... did we get anything on the max fluids side in regards to motion blur? I'd certainly love to see this.

2020-04-17, 11:17:14
Reply #178

shortcirkuit

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi guys - i think something is majorly wrong with the wirecolor/mask elements - take a look - very weird behavior?

2020-04-17, 11:35:26
Reply #179

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
*Phoenix Foam Playground Thread*
https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php?topic=28883.0
Let's post examples and discuss issues there.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us