Author Topic: Corona Renderer 6 for 3ds Max - Daily Builds Discussion  (Read 132730 times)

2020-03-27, 17:40:05
Reply #135

JG_monomiru

• Active Users
  • JG
    • View Profile
    • www.gehrcken.de
Hello Maru,

its behaving weird somehow.

I've several objects... all of them the materials are set to "propagate mask - never" except the red object - it has "through refraction"
as I understand your help-file .. the green object should appear full in mask .. covering the hidden parts of blue object. The red object should be open for the other masks... but the green also shows the blue object in full?

Also i thought the "refractive masks" would work a bit like this "photoshopped" version... when using "intersection mixed (ADD)" in multiple conditions unter Cmask?

2020-03-27, 18:02:21
Reply #136

JG_monomiru

• Active Users
  • JG
    • View Profile
    • www.gehrcken.de
found the verdict with the green objekt/mask ... it was a thin-refraction material... when unset thin-refraction for the green and red object... they behave as they should (except the probably better rgb channel-mixing)

so basically if you use "thin no refraction" materials you won't get a proper mask - even when set to "never"
« Last Edit: 2020-03-27, 18:08:51 by Jens_Gehrcken »

2020-03-29, 10:54:24
Reply #137

LuckyFox

• Primary Certified Instructor
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Scans
Sorry, can not provide the scene. Tried to reproduce the steps and it doesn't happen. I will make sure next time to document better and maybe be able to provide the scene.

2020-03-29, 11:27:48
Reply #138

smadiswelem

• Active Users
    • View Profile
still... any delays guys coz of coronavirus?  for corona v6?

2020-03-30, 02:25:43
Reply #139

shortcirkuit

• Active Users
    • View Profile

2020-03-30, 12:09:34
Reply #140

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Corona for 3ds Max QA Team
    • View Profile
Sorry, can not provide the scene. Tried to reproduce the steps and it doesn't happen. I will make sure next time to document better and maybe be able to provide the scene.
Okay, thanks. Please let me know if it happens again.

still... any delays guys coz of coronavirus?  for corona v6?
So far everything is on track, but it's hard to see into the future. We'll let you all know if something changes :)

having issues as stated here in the latest daily:
https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php?topic=28254.0
Thanks, yeah we're aware of it. So the workaround is to switch back to the previous daily build. This issue should be resolved in the next daily.

Rowan
Please read this before reporting bugs: How to report issues to us!
Send me your scene!

2020-04-02, 11:10:04
Reply #141

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Hello Maru,

its behaving weird somehow.

I've several objects... all of them the materials are set to "propagate mask - never" except the red object - it has "through refraction"
as I understand your help-file .. the green object should appear full in mask .. covering the hidden parts of blue object. The red object should be open for the other masks... but the green also shows the blue object in full?

Also i thought the "refractive masks" would work a bit like this "photoshopped" version... when using "intersection mixed (ADD)" in multiple conditions unter Cmask?

Investigated and reported:
(Internal ID=488395374)
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2020-04-04, 15:04:51
Reply #142

smadiswelem

• Active Users
    • View Profile
hey there))) what about the new daily build?))) i'm exited to check the new sky and bloom and glare))) cant wait!)))
going to the dropbox 5 time a day)

2020-04-04, 18:23:17
Reply #143

xbaroka

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Yes !we waiting next daily build :)
thx

2020-04-06, 11:41:02
Reply #144

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Corona for 3ds Max QA Team
    • View Profile
hey there))) what about the new daily build?))) i'm exited to check the new sky and bloom and glare))) cant wait!)))
going to the dropbox 5 time a day)

Yes !we waiting next daily build :)
thx

We're working on it ;)
Please read this before reporting bugs: How to report issues to us!
Send me your scene!

2020-04-07, 20:27:50
Reply #145

Flavius

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I am extremely anxious for the Foam/Splash shader support for Phoenix FD. I have been setting up a fluid animation for the last weeks and it is very difficult to use two render engines for one project. Corona will have it's own shader and UI for the Foam particles or will it use the Phoenix FD native one?

I've been waiting for this for such a long time! Cannot wait for the daily builds!

2020-04-07, 20:40:53
Reply #146

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Like other things from Phoenix FD, it will use the native Phoenix one :)
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2020-04-07, 21:51:07
Reply #147

Feodor

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Checking the latest build.
I noticed according to my subjective feelings, volumetry on the new light sampling began to calculate faster, is this possible? I didn’t do any tests, I just want to ask if this seems to me?

2020-04-08, 01:44:15
Reply #148

Dalton Watts

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Just installed the new daily build. Only tried in one scene so far but it is 20% faster with the new adaptive environment sampling. The material library is also much snappier than before. Great job guys!

Were there any improvements in interactive rendering?

2020-04-08, 02:00:40
Reply #149

ihabkal

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Just installed the new daily build. Only tried in one scene so far but it is 20% faster with the new adaptive environment sampling. The material library is also much snappier than before. Great job guys!

Were there any improvements in interactive rendering?

I like it too I am using it for production.
We do have an issue with Bloom and Glare is that when it is on the render sometimes becomes unresponsive and you gain responsivness by cancelling (takes several tries) or turning it off in the VFB (also takes several tries)
I do hope the updated Bloom and Glare solves this. My unresponsivness issues with some parts of the renderign could be related to my using of a Threadripper though. it is very fast and the threads are nice but I don't know if windows is unfriendly to it or what when I am rendering I better not run any other programs as they become slow and unresponsive inspite of 64 threads and 128GB ram.