Author Topic: Corona Renderer 6 for 3ds Max - Daily Builds Discussion  (Read 132568 times)

2020-03-24, 15:16:09
Reply #120

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
5 minutes into working with the freshlin install daily and:

File: c:\Corona\dependencies\src\maxSdk\2018\include\point3.h
Line: 333
Function: operator /
Expression: f != 0.0f

Any ideas?

Known issue that is being investigated, (Internal ID=479299762)
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2020-03-24, 15:17:32
Reply #121

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
PS if you have the scene, private uploader could be useful to add another case to our investigation :)

2020-03-26, 22:14:35
Reply #122

LuckyFox

• Primary Certified Instructor
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Scans
hdri texture in reflection override slot causes some wacky behavior

2020-03-26, 23:31:25
Reply #123

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
If you mean excessive noise, then it's a known issue and been like that for ages. The solution is to use LDR image for overrides.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2020-03-27, 00:24:36
Reply #124

shortcirkuit

• Active Users
    • View Profile
i second that - i experienced this the other day

2020-03-27, 00:41:11
Reply #125

xbaroka

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi!

i try out v6 last daily build hopefully no longer this Lightmix noise issue.

If i turn off the sun or other light source and save in exr with all separate light this noise never disappear.
Is there hope this issue will disappear in future Corona render ?
Right now any solution to render a separate light source and render once without this issue ?
i use default settings
you can see the environment still have noise under sun

Thx!

2020-03-27, 00:46:41
Reply #126

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Not fully sure I understand the question, sorry. But some thoughts (if I do understand right :) )

- Be sure denoising is enabled for all LightSelects
- When turning off a very bright light source, such as the sun, there may be more noise in the other LightSelects where this light source was present - this is due to the Adaptive light solver, which can only assess the overall scene. Since there was a bright light source at that part of  the image, more processing power was given to that light source, since it was the most major contribution to that part of the image. Less processing power was given to other light sources in that area. So, in LightSelects, there may be more noise in that area.

You can check out the "I can see persistent noise!" paragraph on https://coronarenderer.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/12000057961-how-to-set-up-multiple-suns-environments e.g. one possible solution there is to disable the adaptive light solver.

Let me know if I am off-track though and not understanding your question :)

2020-03-27, 01:13:48
Reply #127

xbaroka

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Sorry my english :)
Yes you understand good my problem
Thanks for the help!

Not fully sure I understand the question, sorry. But some thoughts (if I do understand right :) )

- When turning off a very bright light source, such as the sun, there may be more noise in the other LightSelects where this light source was present - this is due to the Adaptive light solver, which can only assess the overall scene. Since there was a bright light source at that part of  the image, more processing power was given to that light source, since it was the most major contribution to that part of the image. Less processing power was given to other light sources in that area. So, in LightSelects, there may be more noise in that area.

You can check out the "I can see persistent noise!" paragraph on https://coronarenderer.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/12000057961-how-to-set-up-multiple-suns-environments e.g. one possible solution there is to disable the adaptive light solver.

2020-03-27, 01:42:17
Reply #128

xbaroka

• Active Users
    • View Profile
 definitely much better
GI vs. AA balance to 32 and Disable the Adaptive light solver realy help
i will test on a complex scene next time

thx

2020-03-27, 09:46:57
Reply #129

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Corona for 3ds Max QA Team
    • View Profile
i second that - i experienced this the other day

Hi,

Can you provide some more information? I'm not sure how we debug "wacky behavior" ;)

Information that we ask for can be found in my signiture.

Rowan
Please read this before reporting bugs: How to report issues to us!
Send me your scene!

2020-03-27, 12:34:15
Reply #130

LuckyFox

• Primary Certified Instructor
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Scans

Can you provide some more information?
Please check reply #65 page 5 of this thread for a visual example of the said wacky behavior. For exterior scenes it behaves as if the reflection override hdri has stronger intensity or something and I am getting some weird spikes of speculars in some random(to me) places.

2020-03-27, 12:43:28
Reply #131

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Corona for 3ds Max QA Team
    • View Profile

Please check reply #65 page 5 of this thread for a visual example of the said wacky behavior. For exterior scenes it behaves as if the reflection override hdri has stronger intensity or something and I am getting some weird spikes of speculars in some random(to me) places.
Hi,

Would you be able to provide the scene please?

Rowan
Please read this before reporting bugs: How to report issues to us!
Send me your scene!

2020-03-27, 16:34:06
Reply #132

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile

Here is the link to that post: https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php?topic=26829.msg164664#msg164664
Unfortunately I have never seen anything similar, so we would ideally need a scene, where this can be reproduced (it can be very simple).
Update: if this is happening in IR only, this could be due to the new enviro sampler.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2020-03-27, 16:54:55
Reply #133

JG_monomiru

• Active Users
  • JG
    • View Profile
    • www.gehrcken.de
Is there some tutorial how to use this new masking feature for "through reflection / through refraction"

I thought it would behave like in Vray - where a "red" and a "green" masked objeckt would appear yellow when they overlap in view.
But currently mask show either full mask for the foremost object in "never" mode, or parts of the refractive object appear just where no object is behind (except the thick boarders) in "through refraction" mode.

2020-03-27, 16:57:05
Reply #134

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Is there some tutorial how to use this new masking feature for "through reflection / through refraction"

I thought it would behave like in Vray - where a "red" and a "green" masked objeckt would appear yellow when they overlap in view.
But currently mask show either full mask for the foremost object in "never" mode, or parts of the refractive object appear just where no object is behind (except the thick boarders) in "through refraction" mode.

We have this: https://coronarenderer.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/12000066916
If it's not enough, please explain what you are having trouble with, and we will do our best to deliver the solution.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us