Author Topic: Corona Renderer 6 for 3ds Max - Daily Builds Discussion  (Read 130500 times)

2020-02-23, 16:29:13
Reply #60

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
New adaptive enviroment sampling isn't working with shadow catcher. Horrible artifacts are produced. I tested it with several HDRIs - artifacts always visible. The more contrasty HDRI is used, the more severe artifacts are rendered.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2020-02-23, 16:50:28
Reply #61

PROH

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Yes. I can confirm this. Hope this can be solved.

2020-02-23, 17:42:28
Reply #62

LuckyFox

• Primary Certified Instructor
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Scans
Not as important as other issues mentioned above, the material editor seems to load a lot longer, also on first load-up it kinda hangs itself and max for 3-7sec as if it's buffering or loading all it's previews into ram/cache?
If material editor is closed and reopened it does the hanging thing again, otherwise while it is opened it works fine. Also some thumbs are kinda shifted or off the grid.

P.S. machine with loads of ram, good GPU and CPU - so that is not the issue for long load times.

2020-02-23, 18:19:47
Reply #63

PROH

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Yes. I can also confirm this. In my case the "shifting" happens with:
- Ceramics
- Fabrics
- Flooring
- Metals
- Plastics
- Roofing and Tiles
- Stone
- Walls
- Wood

Edit: There are also several instances of different materials with the same name. For example there are 3 different materials with the same name: "Carpet Soft Rug Dark Grey". They are called the same, but looks different in the render.

Regards
« Last Edit: 2020-02-23, 18:36:42 by PROH »

2020-02-23, 23:20:50
Reply #64

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Can anyone confirm that in latest daily build, camera motion blur is broken? I haven't touched MB for a while, so maybe i'm missing something?
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2020-02-23, 23:44:19
Reply #65

LuckyFox

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Scans
Using a hdri map in Reflection override while using IR produces these artifacts which eventually clean into less visible, regular render doesn't have them.
20.02 build, no portals

2020-02-24, 07:07:47
Reply #66

ihabkal

• Active Users
    • View Profile
transperancy materials their pixels masks (Cmasking) are being transferred wrong in DR works fine in non DR renders. seems these entities with transperancy are being ignored in DR in latest build.

2020-02-24, 10:27:50
Reply #67

cgiout

• Active Users
    • View Profile
New adaptive enviroment sampling isn't working with shadow catcher. Horrible artifacts are produced. I tested it with several HDRIs - artifacts always visible. The more contrasty HDRI is used, the more severe artifacts are rendered.

For what you know, is there any way to revert back to older solver except reverting to older daily?

2020-02-24, 10:29:04
Reply #68

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Corona for 3ds Max QA Team
    • View Profile
Hi,
Can soemone help me from my nightmare? for a few months now I have had this issue where the corona camera if it had shifting then it shifts on it's own usually when I view through it, save or open the files. this attachemnt from a DR session where the DR slaves are rendering shifted camera. I constantly have to merge the camera from older files which is wasting me a lot of time, and re-rendering. this happens with final build 5 and latest builds.

Hi,

Before you render can you try to unlock, reselect and lock your camera in the render setup please?

I know it sounds like a strange fix, but please give it a go.

Rowan
Please read this before reporting bugs: How to report issues to us!
Send me your scene!

2020-02-24, 10:46:53
Reply #69

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile

Hi,

Reproduced and reported to the dev team. Thanks for your feedback!

Rowan

(Internal ID=468617248)

For what you know, is there any way to revert back to older solver except reverting to older daily?

You have to have the devel/debug mode enabled in the system settings, then you can go to performance -> development -> Lights -> Envrio sampler -> NormalDep Compensated.
« Last Edit: 2020-02-24, 11:01:20 by rowmanns »
Send me your scene!

2020-02-24, 10:56:32
Reply #70

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Not as important as other issues mentioned above, the material editor seems to load a lot longer, also on first load-up it kinda hangs itself and max for 3-7sec as if it's buffering or loading all it's previews into ram/cache?
If material editor is closed and reopened it does the hanging thing again, otherwise while it is opened it works fine. Also some thumbs are kinda shifted or off the grid.

P.S. machine with loads of ram, good GPU and CPU - so that is not the issue for long load times.
Hi,

I'll look into the loading times for the Material Library. I can confirm that on the first load it takes a little while to load, however afterwards it loads instantly for me.

(Internal ID=468619429)

Yes. I can also confirm this. In my case the "shifting" happens with:
- Ceramics
- Fabrics
- Flooring
- Metals
- Plastics
- Roofing and Tiles
- Stone
- Walls
- Wood

Edit: There are also several instances of different materials with the same name. For example there are 3 different materials with the same name: "Carpet Soft Rug Dark Grey". They are called the same, but looks different in the render.

Regards

We're aware of the issue with the scaling of the thumbnails. AFAIK it has been like this for a little while.

The second issue is also to do with the scaling, some of the names seem to be getting cut off. We are investigating a fix for both of these issues.

Rowan

(Internal ID=457791566)

Send me your scene!

2020-02-24, 17:33:22
Reply #71

faust

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Got this message today during interactive rendering in Corona VFB

2020-02-24, 17:38:14
Reply #72

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,

Did you install some other renderer recently?

Thanks,

Rowan
Send me your scene!

2020-02-24, 17:42:37
Reply #73

faust

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,

Did you install some other renderer recently?

Thanks,

Rowan

Nope, just new Daily build (20.02.2020)

2020-02-24, 18:11:32
Reply #74

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,

That is strange, I would first suggest reinstalling Corona ensuring that the Nividia denoiser is selected in the installer and then updating your graphics card drivers.

Thanks,

Rowan
Send me your scene!