Author Topic: Corona Renderer 6 for 3ds Max - Daily Builds Discussion  (Read 130596 times)

2020-02-19, 14:45:12
Reply #45

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Corona for 3ds Max QA Team
    • View Profile
Installed the latest daily and wxWidgets are still causing problems. :( :(
Hi,

Can you provide some more information? Like the errors for example? Can you also make sure that you installed the latest version of DR in your installer.

Rowan
Hi Rowan,
thanks for the reply. I have returned the stable installer currently but If I have the time during the weekend I can try to reproduce the results.
Thanks

Hi,

Okay thanks, please let me know your results :)

Rowan
Please read this before reporting bugs: How to report issues to us!
Send me your scene!

2020-02-20, 21:22:02
Reply #46

ArchSpideR

• Active Users
    • View Profile
5 vs 6

2020-02-20, 21:25:02
Reply #47

ArchSpideR

• Active Users
    • View Profile
3ds Max 2016

2020-02-20, 21:27:40
Reply #48

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Just confirming that ArchSpideR's example happens for me, and this is in the Feb 20th build :)  (in Max 2020)
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2020-02-20, 21:27:52
Reply #49

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
5 vs 6

Hmm... not really sure how to interpret these results. In case of changes like the new solver, it would be best to compare images rendered with the same time limit. So that you can compare the quality of images rendered for the same time. Also it's hard to see the difference in noise pattern when the image is zoomed out to 50%.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2020-02-20, 21:28:34
Reply #50

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
3ds Max 2016

Just confirming that ArchSpideR's example happens for me, and this is in the Feb 20th build :)  (in Max 2020)

This is a known issue. We are fixing it. :)

2020-02-21, 09:07:08
Reply #51

88qba88

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Simple test:
10 minutes - old solver
10 minutes - new solver

Quite impressive! :)

2020-02-21, 09:57:55
Reply #52

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Corona for 3ds Max QA Team
    • View Profile
Simple test:
10 minutes - old solver
10 minutes - new solver

Here it is in our comparer :D

https://corona-renderer.com/comparer/rgJJnr

Can I ask how you did your comparison? Did you compare the old a new daily builds?

Thanks,

Rowan
« Last Edit: 2020-02-21, 10:03:48 by rowmanns »
Please read this before reporting bugs: How to report issues to us!
Send me your scene!

2020-02-21, 10:26:24
Reply #53

88qba88

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Simple test:
10 minutes - old solver
10 minutes - new solver

Here it is in our comparer :D

https://corona-renderer.com/comparer/rgJJnr

Can I ask how you did your comparison? Did you compare the old a new daily builds?

Thanks,

Rowan

I made one ten minute render on previous daily build and after installing newest daily another 10 minute render with new solver. It wasn't very scientific, but it shows huge difference in noise levels.

PS. No portals.

2020-02-21, 11:04:42
Reply #54

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Here is a thread dedicated to the new enviro sampler:
https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php?topic=27953.0

2020-02-22, 07:51:40
Reply #55

ihabkal

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,
Can soemone help me from my nightmare? for a few months now I have had this issue where the corona camera if it had shifting then it shifts on it's own usually when I view through it, save or open the files. this attachemnt from a DR session where the DR slaves are rendering shifted camera. I constantly have to merge the camera from older files which is wasting me a lot of time, and re-rendering. this happens with final build 5 and latest builds.

2020-02-22, 14:36:56
Reply #56

annkos

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi guys, sorry to ask that again but is important to me in order to update in the latest build.. do you have in your plans to bring back again the automatic light mix creation or just add a tick box so to be our choice if we want to reset to defaults or not? Thanks in advance

i refer to that change if i am not clear.

"When LightMix is recreated using the LightMix setup dialog, the LightMix configuration (colors and enables) will be reset to defaults"

2020-02-22, 18:33:36
Reply #57

LorenzoS

• Active Users
    • View Profile
just add a tick box so to be our choice if we want to reset to defaults or not? Thanks in advance
+1

2020-02-22, 19:40:35
Reply #58

aaouviz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Another Angle 3D
Hi,
Can soemone help me from my nightmare? for a few months now I have had this issue where the corona camera if it had shifting then it shifts on it's own usually when I view through it, save or open the files. this attachemnt from a DR session where the DR slaves are rendering shifted camera. I constantly have to merge the camera from older files which is wasting me a lot of time, and re-rendering. this happens with final build 5 and latest builds.

Hi ihabkal,

I've had this same issue previously. A super rough guess here: try ensuring your camera is visible (ie; the layer it is on, is turned on), when rendering with DR. See if this helps?
Nicolas Pratt
Another Angle 3D
https://www.instagram.com/anotherangle3d/

2020-02-23, 12:38:39
Reply #59

tallbox

• Active Users
  • George Nicola
    • View Profile
    • Architectural Visualizations | TALLBOX
Hi,
Here we have the same problem but with displacement. When DR is on, all objects with displacement ON, are ghosting.
Architectural Visualizations / Deep work practitioner
https://www.tallboxdesign.com