Author Topic: HDRI Fireflies is a huge drawback for Corona  (Read 2190 times)

2021-02-26, 22:27:07

Elias2019

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi all, I am still having problem of excessive noise with Corona when using HDRI, this problem has not still been solved? It's really destroying all the beauty of renders, I cannot in fact use HDRI with Corona, has anyone any idea about this?

2021-02-26, 23:15:59
Reply #1

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
No-one will have any idea about this without more information :) Which version of Corona, which host software, an example render, which HDRI just one, some or all, can you send in the scene (private uploader), how are you using the HDRI (if you can't send in the scene, screengrabs of how you are incorporating it into the scene), what limit are you setting for the renders, are you using denoising, are you using LightMix, and so on. Clearly, lots of people are using lots of HDRIs all the time, so most likely there is some issue with your scene set up.

See https://coronarenderer.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/5000524006-how-to-report-issues-3ds-max for the info we need when reporting a problem, and for the link to the private uploader to send in scenes.
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2021-02-27, 05:05:07
Reply #2

Elias2019

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks Tom for the answer, I use denoising and LightMix in regular basis, Corona is also the latest version (6), the scene is getting uploaded to your private uploader (edit: it's uploaded now), I also used this HDRI from HDRIHeaven:
https://hdrihaven.com/hdri/?h=artist_workshop
I usually use HDRIHeaven HDRI's but I've totally this problem with every HDRI.

Totally all my renders look like the image I've attached here that's part of the scene I was talking about, pixelated full of fireflies, specially when using HDRI, in a way that I always need to blur most parts of the render in post production.

« Last Edit: 2021-02-27, 05:54:14 by Elias2019 »

2021-02-27, 11:01:00
Reply #3

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Hmm, i don't see any fireflies in your example, just some residual noise in the background. This should go away if you would let it render longer, or use more agressive denoiser strength. What are your scene stats saying? What's the noise level?
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2021-02-27, 21:57:38
Reply #4

Elias2019

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks Romollos friend for your answer, I did put the scene for rendering again to reply your question, with more passes it actually got better, but man! 300 passes, 3h and 37m is indeed long time for 1000*1400 pixels, it's not rational in fact, I have a 32 cores threadripper, even by such PC this rendering time doesn't look interesting really, it kills productivity...