Author Topic: Material Library - Organize and Download by Categories  (Read 5955 times)

2021-01-10, 11:57:18

Peter A.

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Corona materials library is very useful, but it's quite huge and takes forever to load and render previews. Have you ever considered splitting materials into categories like Hair, Plastics or Wood into separated 3ds max libraries? I'm NOT talking about Corona Material Library but built-in 3ds max Slate Material Editor materials.

That way users would only load materials that they really need. For example, me as product designer, I hardly use roof tiles materials or wall materials or wood siding boards. This would also speed up loading Slate Material Editor and rendering materials previews.

2021-01-11, 16:42:33
Reply #1

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
So what you are suggesting is a solution similar to this, but with better and newer materials, right? (or ideally the same materials as included in the Corona Material Library) - https://corona-renderer.com/resources/materials

The "one huge file vs many smaller files" is an issue we are aware of, and we would like to improve this in the near future. This is not however a trivial task, so we will need to figure out how to do it best. There is no specific time frame for this at the moment.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2021-01-15, 15:23:29
Reply #2

Peter A.

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thank you Mare for the reply.
Yes, something similar to current Materials tab you can find on website. But with more specific categories.

2022-01-14, 21:28:04
Reply #3

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
will be replaced by Chaos Cosmos
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)