Author Topic: Color Bleeding slider inside corona mtl  (Read 7721 times)

2019-03-05, 13:12:43

bluebox

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hey there.
Would it be possible to introduce a slider or numeric value for color bleeding inside corona mtl ? Value of 1 would result in using original diffuse map/color in color bleeding where value of 0 would result in using desaturated values of the above mentioned (any values inbetween respectively) ?

2019-03-05, 14:35:55
Reply #1

fellazb

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I prefer to use the CoronaRaySwitchMtl. Easily adjustable and no need for extra knobs.

2019-03-05, 20:36:48
Reply #2

bluebox

• Active Users
    • View Profile
You do, others don't. Besides it arguably is not faster/easier.  Anyone wanting to just reduce color bleeding without overriding reflect and refract channels would just put the value to 0 without being forced to either instance visible mtl into those slots or pasting visible color in corona rayswitch map.

2019-03-06, 19:16:44
Reply #3

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
This will probably never make it into the UI of Corona mtl. It is against Corona philosophy of simplicity, uncluttered UI, and no fakes.
The current solution is to use the rayswitch material or rayswitch map.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2019-03-06, 21:57:21
Reply #4

bluebox

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Seriously Maru ?
- no fakes - what about "prevent black appearance", "rayswitch mtl" itself etc. ?
- uncluttered UI - I presume you are referring to all those "PBR" and "Legacy" options in the interface ?

This option would be just a faster way to achieve the same fakes that are currently doable using rayswitch mtl or rayswitch map with the difference that enduser in some situations would be able to create less clutter in his or her shaders.

And as for the "uncluttered UI" it could be hidden alongside all the existing clutter in "Advanced options" tab ;)

2019-03-08, 13:04:32
Reply #5

jrgby

• Active Users
    • View Profile
The current solution is to use the rayswitch material or rayswitch map.
Ahh, I didn't know there was a rayswitch map as well as the material!

2021-12-13, 18:48:12
Reply #6

lupaz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I'd like to re bump this idea.
I feel that color bleeding in Corona is too strong, giving an appearance of toy look.

The red box in the attached image is 90cm tall.
My feeling is that nothing in real life would cast such color that far away from the object with this lighting.

2021-12-13, 18:55:30
Reply #7

lupaz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
See image attached. The red chair isn't casting much of the red onto the wall.

EDIT: The chair image is a photo
« Last Edit: 2021-12-13, 19:41:10 by lupaz »

2021-12-22, 19:52:45
Reply #8

tradstown

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Haha, no fakes in Corona with Rayswitch material, right.
Just add some spinner in to the render Setup. Common, it will makes set upping less pain full against Rayswith in every material of scene.
« Last Edit: 2021-12-23, 18:04:17 by tradstown »

2022-01-14, 21:34:14
Reply #9

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
we wont add similar spinners, they are beyond where we draw the line on fakes we want
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)