Author Topic: Point (particle) and spline render  (Read 2242 times)

2019-02-05, 14:03:34

simonfarussell

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • simonfarussell.com
I would love it, LOVE IT, if you added point rendering. And spline rendering as well. Man that would be so good.
It's fine to sweep and clone everything but it makes scenes so heavy, having point/spline rendering like Arnold would just be amazing. I would leave my wife and have tiny render babies with you if you did.
X-Particle rendering (which I guess is pretty similar to point rendering) would be very much appreciated too.
In an ideal world I could export from Houdini as Alembic and read in attributes from points and splines. I don't know if this is really possible but again would be f'ing amazing.
And second on my list of requests would be good VDB support.

Thanks
Simon

2019-02-05, 22:55:44
Reply #1

lollolo

• Active Users
    • View Profile

2019-02-06, 12:22:17
Reply #2

simonfarussell

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • simonfarussell.com
I sometimes use hair to render particles in C4D and also to render splines. You can just put a hair render tag on a point or a hair texture on a spline. If you didn't want to do a full blown implementation of point/spline rendering you could maybe use this approach? (I know nothing of programming/implementation) Sort of hack your current hair render. Even just allowing your Corona hair materials to be used on splines and points (rather than just the hair object) would be very useful.

Thanks again. Bloody love Corona, it's a wonderful engine.

2019-02-06, 12:37:38
Reply #3

Beanzvision

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Bengamin
    • View Profile
    • Cormats
+1 I'd also like to see this being supported. I was looking into this a few months ago so thanks for the reminder ;)
Bengamin Jerrems l
Portfolio l Click me!