Author Topic: Physical-based render (PBR) Checkbox?  (Read 1397 times)

2019-02-05, 10:47:42

snifferdog

• Active Users
    • View Profile
This maybe a stupid question but what is this checkbox for (see image) ?

Thanks......

2019-02-05, 11:52:22
Reply #1

Nejc Kilar

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My personal website
Afaik this basically alternates between the new Corona material setup (post 1.3 / 1.4 if I recall correctly?) and the old one. It is there for compatibility reasons and as the name suggests, the PBR one is the new one and it adheres to the general PBR workflow.

I remember the difference being that with the new PBR material you can get the glosiness down to 0.0 levels and it will look near completely rough whereas with the previous material that wasn't really possible. There are probably some other changes too :)
Nejc Kilar | chaos-corona.com
Educational Content Creator | contact us

2019-02-05, 12:17:12
Reply #2

snifferdog

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Afaik this basically alternates between the new Corona material setup (post 1.3 / 1.4 if I recall correctly?) and the old one. It is there for compatibility reasons and as the name suggests, the PBR one is the new one and it adheres to the general PBR workflow.

I remember the difference being that with the new PBR material you can get the glosiness down to 0.0 levels and it will look near completely rough whereas with the previous material that wasn't really possible. There are probably some other changes too :)

Excellent, thanks!

2019-02-05, 14:36:54
Reply #3

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Yes, leave it enabled is the only thing really needed in C4D. It's primarily there for older scenes in Max from before there was the new PBR materials, where the exact look of the original scene was required.
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us