Author Topic: corona Stage light  (Read 2889 times)

2018-05-28, 11:36:49

gzm

• Users
    • View Profile
The light doesn't meet properly,
« Last Edit: 2018-05-29, 04:07:11 by gzm »

2018-05-28, 13:04:03
Reply #1

houska

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Cestmir Houska
    • View Profile
Hi, we need to see your scene to be able to help. For me, the light mixes correctly. I created a cube object, added a Volume material to the cube and included two spotlights - red and green. Everything worked as I would expect.

2018-05-28, 13:40:24
Reply #2

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Tried reproducing in 3ds Max and it seems to work fine.
Like Houska said, it would be great to take a look at the scene file.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2018-05-28, 15:13:46
Reply #3

Beanzvision

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Bengamin
    • View Profile
    • Cormats
I think your problem is that you have interesting meshes? As houska mentioned, creating a cube with a volumetric material applied yields a more natural mix. You will need to increase the directionality of the light to refine the light beam. In doing so, this will increase your render times though. 
Bengamin Jerrems l
Portfolio l Click me!

2018-05-29, 04:05:09
Reply #4

gzm

• Users
    • View Profile
Hi, we need to see your scene to be able to help. For me, the light mixes correctly. I created a cube object, added a Volume material to the cube and included two spotlights - red and green. Everything worked as I would expect.

2018-05-29, 04:15:16
Reply #5

gzm

• Users
    • View Profile
I want to give volume materials in a single cone, not a large cube, so that the volume of a single cone can be better blended

2018-05-29, 10:23:31
Reply #6

houska

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Cestmir Houska
    • View Profile
What you are doing is a bit hacky, but it still can be done. However, you have two volumes in one place where the lights intersect and that causes some troubles (I don't even know if that should work...). What you can do is put the cones into boole operator. See attached scene. It's a pity the boole operator only can merge two objects though :-(

2018-05-29, 10:34:15
Reply #7

gzm

• Users
    • View Profile
What you are doing is a bit hacky, but it still can be done. However, you have two volumes in one place where the lights intersect and that causes some troubles (I don't even know if that should work...). What you can do is put the cones into boole operator. See attached scene. It's a pity the boole operator only can merge two objects though :-(
You did solve the problem, thank you very much