Author Topic: Corona AO radius with bitmap  (Read 3605 times)

2017-06-20, 16:02:03

illbru

• Active Users
    • View Profile
hi, How does "max distance texture" in Ao shader works? I want to use a texture as a mask for occluded/unoccluded colors but i can't define the radius once i use a texture.
Thank you

2017-06-21, 11:24:13
Reply #1

houska

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Cestmir Houska
    • View Profile
Hi, I tried changing max distance while Occluded and Unoccluded textures were specified and everything worked fine. The AO shader samples the surroundings of every point on the geometry by casting rays. The max distance parameter then specifies the maximum length of such a ray.

Could you maybe show us on a picture what is wrong?

2017-06-21, 11:33:51
Reply #2

illbru

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I am loading a texture in the max distance texture slot, not in the occluded or unoccluded texture slot.
What i am trying toi achieve is to use a texture to mask occluded and unoccluded color in order to avoid that plain gradient transition between the 2 colors.
I used to do this in Vray, i used a texture in dirt map but the i could still use the radius value.
Maybe my workflow in corona is wrong.

2017-06-21, 11:44:26
Reply #3

Behrendt

• Active Users
  • I'm a freelance 3D Artist from Cologne/Germany
    • View Profile
    • My online portfolio
It seems to work with floating point values. If you load a C4D-Color shader into the slot you can compare the results. 100% White gives you 1cm radius, 200% white gives your 2cm radius, and so on...

2017-06-21, 13:12:29
Reply #4

houska

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Cestmir Houska
    • View Profile
My appologies, now I understand what you were trying to achieve. Yes, it seems like a bug indeed. I will move it into the bugreports section.

Thank you!

2017-06-22, 10:53:11
Reply #5

illbru

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Great! Thank you!