Author Topic: Scatter to respect displacement.  (Read 3320 times)

2013-06-21, 17:04:07

zzubnik

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I don't know if this is already possible, or will be possible, but:

I'd like to be able to displace a landscape and then be able to scatter objects onto the displaced landscape. At the moment, the scattered objects seem to lie on the original mesh, not the displaced mesh.

This is using the displacement function and the scatter function provided by Corona.

Thanks.
/z

2013-06-21, 19:17:36
Reply #1

cecofuli

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • www.francescolegrenzi.com
No, it's not possible. The same is for VRay. Cause displacement is create at render time. The solution could be by adding a displacement modifier on the landascape mesh

2013-06-21, 19:30:05
Reply #2

zzubnik

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi, and thanks for the reply. I figured it would be like that, knowing that it's all created at render time. I just hoped that there could  be some magic that could be weaved.

Thanks again.

2013-06-21, 20:33:41
Reply #3

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
It would be possible, but pretty ugly and absolutely not worth it. You don't need too detailed geometry for scattering, nothing viewport/scatter modifier would not handle.
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2013-06-21, 21:27:43
Reply #4

zzubnik

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks for the answer. I was displacing the ground for an image of a Mars rover, and wanted to scatter smaller pebbles on top of that. It can be done using a lower-res ground mesh with a displace modifier to scatter on to without problem. I just thought it would be a nice addition.

Thanks for listening :)