Show Posts

This section allows you to view all posts made by this member. Note that you can only see posts made in areas you currently have access to.

Messages - jaspercrowe

Pages: [1]
Does anyone know of any method to convert Corona Physical Materials to either standard Autodesk Physical Materials or Vray materials. I need to import a scene into Unreal, and Datasmith doesn't have support for Corona Physical Materials.

Are there any plugins out there that do this, or will I have to manually convert each material myself?

Hi Maru,

Just wondering if there's an update on this? I think I've discovered what the difference in the values is.

The temperature in Corona 8's VFB appear to be outputting values using linear colour space, and the old VFB version was outputting the same numbers, but in gamma corrected sRGB. CoronaColor still outputs in sRGB for temperature values.

It would be great if this could be corrected (whatever way that is haha, not sure which is more physically accurate) in the first hotfix. I'm doing some work for a client that requires relatively high colour accuracy, but guess I'll roll back to 7 until this is sorted.


I noticed that lighting temperature applied via lightmix has changed in the latest version of Corona. Has the update attempted to make temperature changes more realistic, or is this an unintented change?

Comparing outputs from 7 and Keyshot vs 8, warmer colour temperatures are a lot less saturated in the new version.

I'm currently rendering an animation for a client, and have the bug mentioned in this thread ( reared its head with CoronaPhysicalMaterials, after I converted a scene made with Corona 6.

Unfortunately I can't send the scene due to an NDA. I'm using Max 2021 ( with Corona 7 Hotfix 1. Using UHD Cache in animation mode with 2px screen size displacement, with all other settings left on their defaults.

Sending my scene to render on Backburner, everything is fine up until it comes to saving the image, at which point Corona reports the aforementioned internal error. I've attached a screenshot of Backburner's console for reference.

I fixed the error on my end by converting back all materials with displacements to CoronaLegacy, and everything's running smoothly. Sorry I can't provide more details.

Pages: [1]