Significantly faster DOF (Depth of Field) rendering
25 (5.4%)
Sketch/Toon/Stylized shader
29 (6.2%)
Dedicated CarPaint Shader
7 (1.5%)
Dedicated fabrics shader
27 (5.8%)
Lightmix extended to materials, textures, ...
27 (5.8%)
Interactive rendering in 3ds max viewport (with gizmos, object selection, manipulation, ...)
16 (3.4%)
Rendering memory usage improvements
16 (3.4%)
Speed of rendering improvements
42 (9%)
Speed of interactive rendering improvements specifically
31 (6.7%)
GPU/Hybrid rendering
88 (18.9%)
Stability improvements (bug fixes)
12 (2.6%)
Improvements to caustics
23 (4.9%)
Thin film/coating shader
5 (1.1%)
Parsing performance optimization (e.g. for animations)
40 (8.6%)
New and better frame buffer (docked and floating)
23 (4.9%)
Further improvements to Chaos Scatter
15 (3.2%)

Total Members Voted: 178

Author Topic: The most wanted feature?  (Read 524884 times)

2021-09-02, 15:23:20
Reply #945

lupaz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
@lupaz, i'm pretty sure it shouldn't look like that. Perhaps a bug? The support might be interested in the scene.

Sending the file attached.
Thanks.

2021-09-02, 16:15:47
Reply #946

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Thanks, i will contact someone from the team, so they don't forget to look at the file.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2021-09-02, 20:59:01
Reply #947

tradstown

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Here it is. Same problem + Shadow pass is dead as always (it was work somehow only with Portals in a windows in the past). Where i can upload a scene to you? Actually it is a simple scene with Sky and grey material on all objects.

2021-09-02, 21:02:56
Reply #948

tradstown

• Active Users
    • View Profile
This how Shadows pass should look like:

2021-09-06, 14:44:24
Reply #949

tradstown

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Some new test:
I decide to go with first and second solvers - Path Tracing and get this result. It seams like for now focus is working more correct, it start make more attention to shadow areas under the teapots.
Also I uploaded scene for you.

Hope it will help!

2021-09-16, 13:43:51
Reply #950

morph3us

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I just wanted to emphasize how crucial it is for some projects to have an easy object outlining solution.

Yes, I know about the "copy your geo and flip it" and the "just use edge texture + ao" workarounds.
They work sometimes, but there are enough situations where it doesnt or where its not feasable.
And yes, I could use a different renderer for that, but thats a hassle, because upon changing it, Corona`s settings are reset and I need to composite the two renderings in PS, too.

I tried to remedy the lack thereof through OSL, which is futile, because OSL can not get the needed rendering information in the MAX implemenation.
ShaderFX doesnt work, because Corona does not support DirectX shaders.
Another idea was to somehow maybe render the artistic viewport shading styles onto the image, but how would that work and also, they do can not be changed (Edge Width, etc.).

According to the roadmap this feature was already twice on the agenda, for versions 4 and 5, but since has been neglected.
I feel like everything else on the poll can either be done by someone who knows a bit of Python or Maxscript (adding materials to the library => just make your own library plugin, dont bother Render Legion), can be discarded (GPU/CPU hybrid rendering => come one guys, we all know thats not gonna happen and there are plausible reasons for that), can be easily be worked around (Why the need for a decal system? Just put a composite map into the diffuse, or use a mix material, then set your bitmap to not tile and to a unique UV ID. Then unwrap that with a unique UV Map modifier...) or plain ridiculous (Why even bother with in viewport rendering? I dont get how in a professional setting that would be benefitial...).

The edge map however is not so easily replaced. And it has real production value!
So, I literally beg you to please make our lives easier by adding something along thiose lines.
Object outlines, plus creases where to objects are stuck into eachother and an option on how thick those lines are in relation to the resolution.
That would be awesome to have, thank you!

2021-09-22, 17:59:31
Reply #951

vklein

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Cryptomatte support please. I find your lack of Cryptomatte support disturbing. The most other features on the list can be filled in by plugins but I need Cryptomatte, having full blown pipeline with Vray for years using Cryptomatte and need it. Even Blender has it. Shame on you.

2021-09-23, 15:24:40
Reply #952

lupaz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Cryptomatte support please. I find your lack of Cryptomatte support disturbing. The most other features on the list can be filled in by plugins but I need Cryptomatte, having full blown pipeline with Vray for years using Cryptomatte and need it. Even Blender has it. Shame on you.

LOL.
Is this a joke??

2021-10-28, 09:11:18
Reply #953

triget

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I love Corona Renderer, but sometimes I think the development is a one big joke.

2021-10-28, 12:16:03
Reply #954

davetwo

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Seriously. I know this is the internet. But take it wasy with all the 'big joke", and "shame on you" flaming. Its really pretty childish on a professional forum.

2021-10-28, 13:37:54
Reply #955

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
I love Corona Renderer, but sometimes I think the development is a one big joke.

Explaining what you would want to see from development could be actually useful, while this tells us nothing - think of this as saying "my render doesn't work"; it gives us nothing in the way of information to help you.
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2021-10-29, 14:55:50
Reply #956

longhard

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hope Corona is compatible with VRay Cosmos and Vary Scans

2021-10-29, 15:38:36
Reply #957

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
Removing decals as they are done (with just some tweaks coming up)
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2021-10-29, 15:40:43
Reply #958

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
We love you too, but sometimes we think that you should talk less ;).
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2021-10-29, 21:46:02
Reply #959

triget

• Active Users
    • View Profile

Explaining what you would want to see from development could be actually useful, while this tells us nothing - think of this as saying "my render doesn't work"; it gives us nothing in the way of information to help you.

I use Corona Renderer every day on 2 PCs in my office (for 4 years) with 3ds max 2018. I believe there should be support for Blender (as plugin). Also I need GPU/Hybrid support. I have two RTX 2080 cards that are not used. The GPU would come in handy when rendering small scenes. In my opinion you add small changes, but without the GPU the whole rendering is very slow (I have compared to Cycles X). Corona is the best when it comes to realism and ease of use, but without a GPU there is no future.

What should be added/improvement? :

- GPU/Hybrid rendering
- toon shader
- outline shader
- I'd like to be able to render shadow catcher as a separate pass.
- DR has a lot of limitations and bugs. Nodes cannot be reset remotely. DR additionally, they need a 3ds max installation. (btw. DR has a bug that it doesn't work properly if the one viewport window in 3ds max is maximized. In this situation, the nodes go crazy. Start rendering and end after 1 pass. Over and over again.). It is very inconvenient.
- Blender support from Corona team.

Btw. sorry for eng :)
« Last Edit: 2021-10-29, 22:28:28 by triget »