Author Topic: rendering preview animation with IR  (Read 11393 times)

2015-02-25, 12:46:43
Reply #15

rsi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Rsi
Thanks cecofuli, I'm used to work in exr with piz compression for nuke, and used to save stuff in h264, I was just searching for a way to throw my old grab viewport when I'm searching for cam, having the benefits of lights changes and materials and speed.

2015-02-25, 15:20:51
Reply #16

rsi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Rsi
I'm doing some testing because I really like the speed vs quality of IR, but rendering a frame range in IR with a pass limit doesn't work, I was trying to get the same speed and quality result with a pass limit with the regular render mode. I assume it is the same engine (no conversion, IR vs RT), is there a way to setup the (MSI, Max ray, GI and light sample) to have the same result or am I loosing my time?

2015-02-25, 17:24:15
Reply #17

Ludvik Koutny

• VIP
  • Active Users
  • Just another user
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
IR by default has lower GI/AA balance to increase feedback speed at the expense of rendering speed. By default, it's 1/4th of what GI/AA parameter is set to. You can change that by using string option in strings field of devel/debug settings.

Just add this line:
float interactive.giSamplesMult = 0.25
and set  the multiplier to whatever you want. If you have default GI/AA balance at 16, then multiplier of 0.25 means GI/AA value of 4 for IR rendering.

2015-02-25, 17:29:39
Reply #18

cecofuli

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • www.francescolegrenzi.com
Rawalanche, are you sure? I can change PTS while IR is working. And I see the change.

2015-02-25, 17:39:06
Reply #19

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
I was trying to get the same speed and quality result with a pass limit with the regular render mode. I assume it is the same engine (no conversion, IR vs RT), is there a way to setup the (MSI, Max ray, GI and light sample) to have the same result or am I loosing my time?
As Rawa wrote. IR and regular rendering is exactly the same engine. I'm not sure but probably secondary solver runs at lower settings in IR too.
See: https://coronarenderer.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/5000520620
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2015-02-25, 17:39:53
Reply #20

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Rawalanche, are you sure? I can change PTS while IR is working. And I see the change.
Yes, because it takes 0,25x samples you set. :)
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2015-02-25, 18:28:24
Reply #21

cecofuli

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • www.francescolegrenzi.com