Chaos Corona for 3ds Max > [Max] I need help!

adding a label to a clear glass bottle bottle

(1/3) > >>

Erich:
I would like to know how to add a text label to a glass bottle. I tried using the Decal feature in Corona, but it didn't work (the label would not show on the bottle). I have also tried just adding the label to the selected polygons, but the label completely covers over the glass (and the colored fluid inside of it). The label is just text on a transparent background, so there should not be any reason for it to obscure the glass or the contents in the bottle. I know this should be a relatively easy process, but I have not been able to get it to work. Any help would be appreciated. And please be as detailed as possible with your replies as I am very new to Corona.

Cheers.

Erich:
I was able to make some progress with this, using a layered material. However, the results are still not want I need. As you can see in the image attached, the text label appears on both sides of the bottle. I need it to be on just one side. Also the text is white and should be black. I think I can fix this just be inverting the text color in Photoshop, but I don't know how to prevent the text from showing on the other side of the bottle.

Any help would be appreciated.

davetwo:
It's best to send your collected file, it's hard to guess what you are doing wrong otherwise.
Do you understand UV mapping?

Aram Avetisyan:
This can be quite easily done with Corona Decal ;)

Beanzvision:
Perhaps you can share your decal setup?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version