Author Topic: Chaos Licensing Feedback/Help  (Read 42296 times)

2022-02-10, 09:09:00
Reply #15

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Corona for 3ds Max QA Team
    • View Profile
Hi,
"No licenses available"
i don't know how solve.
Please PM me your regisitered email and I will investigate.

Thanks,

Rowan
Please read this before reporting bugs: How to report issues to us!
Send me your scene!

2022-02-10, 15:10:31
Reply #16

Rhodesy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
How will this new license system work for those of us who split work between office and home? We are a company of two and both work in an office and also at our homes. We don’t have any vpn to connect back to the office, just dropbox as a file sharer. Please say this shouldn’t be a problem and we can just run a local ‘server’ on each machine with a company login. The previous system was great for flexible working.

Thanks

2022-02-10, 15:21:17
Reply #17

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Yes you can just use the same sign in on as many machines as you like - of course, if you have one license, although you can sign in on as many machines as you like, you can only use it on one machine at a time (see the blog post https://blog.corona-renderer.com/corona-in-2022-new-features-visuals-licensing-and-more/ that has many examples)
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2022-02-10, 16:12:05
Reply #18

Rhodesy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks Tom, that's good news. So if I have it right, regardless of location we should be able to sign in OK and not need to worry about connecting to a machine in our office for example to run corona. Each machine can independantly connect to the chaos license server in the cloud? I think I also read before that the licenses are now DCC app agnostic now, so we dont need to have a separate one for our one C4D license we still maintain? And we can keep our rendernodes. Sounds great!

2022-02-10, 16:22:02
Reply #19

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
To clarify, you will still need to own a Corona for 3ds Max license and a Corona for Cinema 4D license, for the GUI part of the license (to be able to see and control Corona in the app). As it happens though, the associated rendering part of the license should not be tied to one or the other, so by owning one Corona for C4D and one Corona for 3ds Max, you should be able to use either version to render on two machines at once (so long as no other machines are using the rendering part of those licenses).

Correct on a machine being able to connect directly (so long as the Chaos Licensing Server is installed of course) and check the status of the licenses, so you won't need to VPN in to the office or anything. Of course if you left the office machine rendering, then when the home machine connects, it will find the license is in use already :)

And correct, so long as existing subscriptions are kept renewing, the same render nodes and pricing is kept.

2022-02-10, 16:32:59
Reply #20

Rhodesy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks for the clarification Tom on the GUI licenses. I see your point about leaving an office PC rendering and not being able to access the same GUI license when I get home. We have 3 max licenses for just two of us anyway so hopefully that wont be a problem.  Or we could make more use out of backburner... but that always throws some issues up one way or another! Have you guys considered a way of just extending corona DR a bit so it could be used as a backburner replacement? I'd pay a bit extra for that!

2022-02-10, 17:00:58
Reply #21

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
hi guys
mine says no licences available? 

Just a heads up - i do have an existing perpetual license for vray under the same email address - so not sure if this is conflicting or causing errors?
So, I'm having issues. I click on "activate license..." and I get the -197 error.

If I open the Licensing Server only Chaos Vantage is listed under my user.

This started when I upgraded today to latest daily.

Any tips?
Hi,
"No licenses available"
i don't know how solve.

thank you
Hi,
"No licenses available"
i don't know how solve.
Hi Guys,

We have figured out the issue! Someone from our support team will reach out to you to resolve this.

Thanks for your patience!

Cheers,

Rowan
Send me your scene!

2022-02-10, 19:11:17
Reply #22

VASLAVO

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi guys, for me is working now (the corona image editor) but i have one question, if im using my workstation license to render, this means i cant use at the same time the image editor on other computer? or this was an isolated error?

2022-02-11, 12:14:02
Reply #23

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi guys, for me is working now (the corona image editor) but i have one question, if im using my workstation license to render, this means i cant use at the same time the image editor on other computer? or this was an isolated error?
Hi,

They should be seperate licenses. So if you are rendering on one PC you should be able to use the CIE on another.

Let me know if you have troubles with this and I can investigate further.

Thanks,

Rowan
Send me your scene!

2022-02-12, 09:03:22
Reply #24

LorenzoS

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,
all ok in workstation for me, but DR on node not works, restart continually, do you have any advice?
On Node i have to install Dr Server and License Server , rigth?

than kyu

2022-02-12, 14:30:11
Reply #25

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
In the Corona Log, is the DR machine saying that a license cannot be found? You do have to install the DR Server, and the Chaos Licensing Server, and of course Corona (so be sure to run the installer for latest daily build on the render node).

If you do see a message about no license being found in the Corona Log on the DR machine (and you are sure all components were updated with the latest daily build), email support@corona-renderer.com and let them know the email address you use for your Chaos account - as a note, for DR to work you will need a second Render Node license, and I am not sure how that is set up at the moment (at release, you should have as many render nodes allocated as defined by your existing subscription, but for now it's not impossible only one render node is allocated for everyone during testing).

If you don't see that message and DR is restarting continually for some other reason, it would not be the licensing (probably still email support or open up a ticket in that case :) )

2022-02-14, 09:23:54
Reply #26

Frood

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Rakete GmbH
In the Corona Log, is the DR machine saying that a license cannot be found? You do have to install the DR Server, and the Chaos Licensing Server, and of course Corona (so be sure to run the installer for latest daily build on the render node).

Installing the license server on all nodes would be overkill, you just don't need to. And it may lead to confusion anyway. I think it should work like this:

A) You install the license server on ONE system in you lan (preferably your workstation/master or any 24/7 server)

B) You point all other nodes to that server from A) by creating/adjusting the file "vrlclient.xml" in Program Files\Common Files\ChaosGroup. The directory gets automatically created the first time you try to render on a node, unfortunately not a basic client config file:

Code: [Select]
<VRLClient>
<LicServer>
<Host><name_or_ip_of_the_license_server_host></Host>
<Port>30304</Port>
<Host1></Host1>
<Port1>30304</Port1>
<Host2></Host2>
<Port2>30304</Port2>
<User></User>
<Pass></Pass>
</LicServer>
</VRLClient>

And also unfortunately there is no automatic broadcast detection (as mentioned in the changelog), so you have to do it manually for every node. Maybe some simple UI option to set the license server in Corona itself (which would modify/create the client config file) could be done for the final v8, despite the fact that you just can copy around the config file to all nodes easily. Edit: I do not use the installer but use the multiloader option, so it may be created by the installer even if you do not install the server - I don't know.

Btw: If a DR slave does not find a license, it's properly reported in the Corona error messages window, at least for me.

Good Luck

« Last Edit: 2022-02-14, 09:30:54 by Frood »
Never underestimate the power of a well placed level one spell.

2022-02-14, 13:10:27
Reply #27

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Frood: Sure that works! just I didn't want to add extra "stuff" here that wasn't "do the same as you already did on your main machine so you know you understand it" and avoid extra things like creating a file in a place and figuring out the ip of a machine (which for some may be trivial, for others that may be confusing). Certainly the more machines you have, the better it becomes to do it the "add file" way (I only have 2 extra machines).

And on the original topic, if you do install the licensing server on each machine, you would have to log in to it on every machine too (just the once, just like you did on the main machine, then it will remain signed in). Just so you know :)

2022-02-14, 15:28:22
Reply #28

Ryuu

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Michal
    • View Profile
Maybe some simple UI option to set the license server in Corona itself (which would modify/create the client config file) could be done for the final v8, despite the fact that you just can copy around the config file to all nodes easily.

Already implemented. Next daily build will have a button in "About" rollout of render settings to edit this configuration in GUI.

2022-02-14, 16:16:10
Reply #29

Frood

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Rakete GmbH
@Tom: Just wanted to clarify (also for others) because I found it a bit ambiguous all in all. Well, there has to be a guide soon[tm].

@Michal: Perfect!

Good Luck

Never underestimate the power of a well placed level one spell.