Author Topic: Light color input - temperature and tint picker  (Read 3364 times)

2013-01-11, 16:32:53

Oltskul

• Active Users
  • "Whoa, that is lot of boxes!" Adam West
    • View Profile
Hi,
I do not have Corona right now next to me. But in light "color selection" there is:
  • Kelvin input

• Direct color input

would it be possible to add third input: "temperature and tint" - like in Camera Raw (attachment).

In addition to Direct and Temperature selection?
IMHO it would be more physically exact. And more easy to achvie some light sources effects (incandescent, xeon, fluoreblablascent etc...)

Or is it just unnecessary overkill? Then it would be very easy to match light sources from real photographs and so on... Anyway, corona is allready using L-ab model AFAIK
« Last Edit: 2013-01-11, 16:34:40 by Oltskul »
Corona is like some king of addictive game... "Just one... More... Render... Before... Then i will do something... Useful"

HALT!Ausnahmezeit

2013-01-11, 20:42:38
Reply #1

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Interesting idea. Or it could be temperature slider + custom filter colour.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2013-01-31, 23:35:50
Reply #2

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
I won't do this (to keep the GUI not cluttered), but I might add something similar to the CoronaSolid texmap (and of course add texmap slot to Corona lights)
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2013-02-01, 12:00:30
Reply #3

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
About CoronaSolid: apart from the custom colour picker it would be good to have a "multiplier" slider like in vray to make the custom colour glow (useful for example for making fake skylight or glowing objects).
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us