Author Topic: Corona7 reflection  (Read 2022 times)

2021-08-31, 06:53:28

iancamarillo

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,
I'm really exited about the new physical materials for Corona 7!

But I'm having sort of a hard time figuring out how to turn reflections down, probably because the nomenclature changed on the upgrade? I converted a scene from 6 and it looks the metal material changed the kept glossiness and there's no option for roughness but when I start a new 7 material the roughness is available but the glossiness is not.

I'm assuming the converter isn't aware of any roughness settings which keep the "glossiness" term but its confusing.

I'm probably totally wrong and if someone can point me to "everything you want to know about Corona 7 reflections, conversion's and ALL!!" I'd really appreciate it.

Attached is a screenshot showing my materials.

Thanks so much!
ian

2021-08-31, 10:20:56
Reply #1

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Here's everything you should know about Corona physical material: https://coronarenderer.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/12000079381-corona-physical-material

In case you're more into watching a video than reading an article, here's recording of the live webinar on the same topic:

I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2021-08-31, 19:33:58
Reply #2

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile

2021-09-10, 02:40:42
Reply #3

iancamarillo

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Awesome! Thank you!

2021-09-10, 06:49:27
Reply #4

iancamarillo

• Active Users
    • View Profile
after playing around with the roughness and IOR in a blank scene, the control of reflections makes much more sense now. thx