Author Topic: The new Corona Converter feedback thread  (Read 64671 times)

2021-07-28, 20:21:51
Reply #90

INVIZ

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • INVIZ
I see, so I installed demo of lastest vray.. now cannot see or select corona renderer in choose renderer??

That's definitely not expected... Can you try reinstalling Corona 7?
Tried that first, tried uninstalling, then deleting all files.. no luck..

Then uninstalling 3ds max, clean install, clean install of corona 7... still nothing. going nuts D: Mid project and 2 days gone going round in circles.

Sorry about that. Please try following this guide step by step:
https://coronarenderer.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/5000694496

If it doesn't help or you are having some difficulties, please contact us here https://coronarenderer.freshdesk.com/support/tickets/new and we will assist you ASAP.

Great stuff, went straight for Solution 6 and worked!! Thank you!!

2021-07-29, 13:25:13
Reply #91

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Great, thanks a lot for confirming!
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2021-08-09, 15:27:10
Reply #92

Zray

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • 3darcspace studio
 can I convert material to the old CoronaLegacyMtl, I am still not familiar with Physicalmtl
« Last Edit: 2021-08-09, 19:42:29 by Zray »

2021-08-13, 12:19:36
Reply #93

Drawehn

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I just tried to convert a timber floor from Vray to corona with the Corona Converter of Corona 7 and it gave me a metall in return. If we have to manually adjust all materials  after converting from Vray, this will suck bad. The old converter to the legacy material worked great. Can you please include the option to convert to the Corona Legacy. Or else just improve the converter to the Physical material.
« Last Edit: 2021-08-13, 12:24:22 by Drawehn »

2021-08-13, 16:14:36
Reply #94

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
can I convert material to the old CoronaLegacyMtl, I am still not familiar with Physicalmtl

I just tried to convert a timber floor from Vray to corona with the Corona Converter of Corona 7 and it gave me a metall in return. If we have to manually adjust all materials  after converting from Vray, this will suck bad. The old converter to the legacy material worked great. Can you please include the option to convert to the Corona Legacy. Or else just improve the converter to the Physical material.

Sorry, but there are currently no plans to convert to the legacy mtl.
As a workaround, you can try running the V6 version of the Converter script.

If you ever encounter a material which does not seem to convert correctly - please send it to us and we will do our best to improve the converter.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2021-08-16, 10:43:47
Reply #95

Freakaz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Website
Any chances there could be a "Ignore Legacy material" checkbox in the converter so the corona materials that comes from old scenes remains unchanged?

2021-08-16, 12:47:26
Reply #96

LorenzoS

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Any chances there could be a "Ignore Legacy material" checkbox in the converter so the corona materials that comes from old scenes remains unchanged?
+1

2021-08-16, 13:03:58
Reply #97

scionik

• Active Users
    • View Profile

Yeah, please +1

2021-08-17, 08:00:44
Reply #98

philipbonum

• Active Users
    • View Profile

+1

Ideally the converter should "just work" like the old one did, so hopefully we won't need these functions
(I haven't dared to install Corona 7 because of how broken the converter seems to be right now. At least based on the feedback I see on the forums)

2021-08-17, 16:11:21
Reply #99

LorenzoS

• Active Users
    • View Profile
(I haven't dared to install Corona 7 because of how broken the converter seems to be right now. At least based on the feedback I see on the forums)
I think you can install corona7 and move out CoronaConverter.ms, put coronaConverter_v1.42.ms on the same folder.

2021-08-20, 12:00:25
Reply #100

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
I don't think I've actually seen anything more broken in a corona release than this converter. Converting from V-ray is a complete spageti mess. Metal non-metal materials get completely messed up. Again Front and back and mix maps all over the place. Converting from legacy materials to new materials is also absolutely broken.
I tried to start a simple library update after the third asset I gave up. You have to spend a good 5 minutes on each model to fix the materials after the converter has "done" its thing.

A few specific example materials where things "don't work as expected" would be super useful - otherwise we don't have anything to look into. Thanks!
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2021-08-20, 14:20:02
Reply #101

LorenzoS

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,
this is one example where cnverter don't work, it's an old files, so i suppose old vray version, but i have a lot of 3d library like theese that i cannot use because of the new converter unforunately.

2021-08-21, 06:57:49
Reply #102

BVVV

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Incorrect result of low-version material refraction to physical material,
Refraction level 1, the color is pure black, the conversion result is as follows:

2021-08-24, 17:44:25
Reply #103

brr

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Not sure if you are just trolling at this moment or what. Take any Evermotion model and I mean any and it's a complete mess.
Almost all Evermotion models have very outdated and ugly shaders... (too complicated nodes tree with a lot of garbage textures, overstaurated and overburned colors, old BRDFs and so on..) Did you tried some actual volumes, like 200+?  All older volumes must be reshaded to get normal looking result...

2021-09-04, 02:06:28
Reply #104

miskokral

• Users
    • View Profile
That is what i encountered. I have added to a scene a wardrobe with clothes and the converter messed up the fabric converting them into metals.
I had to the materials and reset them to default one by one which was so frustrating. I understand that the Physical material will be the new standard but i think you have failed with the converter on corona 7
You have to add a reversible process to the conversion into Physical material something similar like you have convert bitmaps to corona bitmaps and vice versa.