Author Topic: Missing Mental Ray DLLs  (Read 4563 times)

2021-05-17, 11:33:59

LorenzoS

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi all,
i have this message opening all files with max 2022 (see attachment).
Corona version: 7 (DailyBuild May 14 2021).
In max 2020 no problem.

Thank you
« Last Edit: 2021-05-17, 14:19:45 by maru »

2021-05-17, 14:10:12
Reply #1

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Just means there is some MentalRay material / shader in the scene, which was removed from Max at some point (2021 at a guess). You can ignore the message in general, or use the Max Scene Converter to remove obsolete materials. Usually, the MentalRay material was not actually applied to any object and is just "stuck" there in the scene, so everything will render fine. If there is in fact a MentalRay material used first a) Why on earth...??!! and b) I guess it would fail to render and be red unsupported material or black for no material, in which case just build a new Corona Material for it :)
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2021-05-17, 14:11:30
Reply #2

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
(and btw that's nothing to do with Corona, it's a Max error message / warning dialog - you'd get this error on a scene using any render engine including native Max ones, if there was anything MentalRay in the scene).
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2021-05-17, 14:19:24
Reply #3

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2021-05-17, 15:23:01
Reply #4

LorenzoS

• Active Users
    • View Profile
thank you for anwers.

Usually, the MentalRay material was not actually applied to any object and is just "stuck" there in the scene, so everything will render fine.
exact it's so.

Please try this:
https://knowledge.autodesk.com/support/3ds-max/troubleshooting/caas/sfdcarticles/sfdcarticles/3ds-Max-Mental-Ray-Missing-Dlls-warning-appears-when-opening-the-program-or-scene-files.html

"[Directories]
Additional MAX plug-ins=C:\Program Files\Autodesk\3ds Max 2021\PlugIns\
Additional MAX plug-ins NVIDIA=C:\Program Files\Autodesk\3ds Max 2020\PlugIns\NVIDIA\Plugins\
[Help]"
i try it but not solve.

The scene converte do the work, but not solve the annoing alert everytime i apply a material to objtect from sigershaders plugin.