Author Topic: Corona Renderer 7 for 3ds Max - Daily Builds Discussion  (Read 175678 times)

2021-07-02, 16:45:02
Reply #570

Abdullah_Alallah

• Active Users
    • View Profile
for some odd reason, once I installed RC4 every time i render any scene it crashes, no matter how simple the model is
Hi,

Maybe resetting your licensing files will help. Can you try deleting everything in: C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\CoronaRenderer re-activating Corona and seeing if this still happens.

If you continue to experience issues I'd suggest submitting a support ticket here: https://coronarenderer.freshdesk.com/support/tickets/new

Cheers,

Rowan

i'll definitely try that, i tried to reinstall RC3 and it works like charm but once i go back to RC4 it crashes again (with an uninstall and clean install when changing)
Hi,

That's super strange, would you be able to send over a minidump from the crash? Instructions on how to obtain one can be found in my signature.

Cheers,

Rowan

I just sent the file since i got the same crash even with RC5

2021-07-02, 17:00:46
Reply #571

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Corona for 3ds Max QA Team
    • View Profile
Thanks for the minidump, we will look into it. Just to confirm, this happens in all scenes when rendering, even just a box?

What are your windows region, language and locale settings?

Rowan

(Report ID=CRMAX-778)
Please read this before reporting bugs: How to report issues to us!
Send me your scene!

2021-07-02, 17:22:57
Reply #572

Abdullah_Alallah

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks for the minidump, we will look into it. Just to confirm, this happens in all scenes when rendering, even just a box?

Rowan

(Report ID=CRMAX-778)

i just tested out a couple of things and i found out that it happens when a scene has forest pack and happens once i start parsing scene, region (united states) language (English) Locate settings?

2021-07-02, 18:10:26
Reply #573

kanyno

• Active Users
    • View Profile
https://photos.app.goo.gl/J9Bzt8fGwu53knvv9
Rc4 Error.
tested in several scenes!

Please submit a ticket, consider archiving a scene where the issue is reproducible for you and if possible include your 3dsMax minidump produced after the crash. For submitting a ticket please check the link on my footer below.

Thank you
file sent by dropbox with the name of HOUSECORONA.

Hi,

Your scene renders fine for me in RC4. Maybe resetting your licensing files will help. Can you try deleting everything in: C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\CoronaRenderer re-activating Corona and seeing if this still happens.

Also, could you please grab a minidump from the crash? Instructions on how to do this can be found in my signature.

If you continue to experience problems after this, could you please submit a ticket to our support team and they will be able to help you.

https://coronarenderer.freshdesk.com/support/tickets/new

Thanks,

Rowan
Rowan, I did everything you asked, and the error continues in rc4 and rc5, in rc3 it works perfectly. In 3dsmax it opens the window saying: An error has occured and the application will now close...

2021-07-02, 19:24:40
Reply #574

Abdullah_Alallah

• Active Users
    • View Profile

Rowan

(Report ID=CRMAX-778)

i just tested out a couple of things and i found out that it happens when a scene has forest pack and happens once i start parsing scene, region (united states) language (English) Locate settings?

Just as an update, updating forest pack seemed to fix the issue

2021-07-05, 00:22:08
Reply #575

kanyno

• Active Users
    • View Profile
RC4 AND RC5 ONLY WORKS WITH FOREST PACK 7!!!

2021-07-05, 02:45:44
Reply #576

cjwidd

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Artstation

2021-07-05, 09:08:36
Reply #577

Bormax

• Active Users
    • View Profile

Confirm, RC5+FP6 is crashing Max. RC4+FP6 worked fine for me. RC+FP7 works well

MAX 2021.3

2021-07-05, 15:57:08
Reply #578

Abdullah_Alallah

• Active Users
    • View Profile
i think i also found another bug when working with 2D pan zoom When in interactive render it works like charm but once i hit the render to go for the final image it renders the image without the 2D pan zoom

2021-07-05, 16:02:21
Reply #579

alexyork

• Active Users
  • Partner at Recent Spaces
    • View Profile
    • RECENT SPACES
i think i also found another bug when working with 2D pan zoom When in interactive render it works like charm but once i hit the render to go for the final image it renders the image without the 2D pan zoom

That's as designed, and just as well, too, IMO.
Alex York
Partner
RECENT SPACES
recentspaces.com

2021-07-05, 16:18:11
Reply #580

Abdullah_Alallah

• Active Users
    • View Profile
i think i also found another bug when working with 2D pan zoom When in interactive render it works like charm but once I hit the render to go for the final image it renders the image without the 2D pan zoom

That's as designed, and just as well, too, IMO.

Is it? sorry then i thought it wasn't like that or at least I remember it rendering the view even if I was zoomed in with the 2D pan zoom enabled and it would render a zoomed in version

2021-07-05, 16:21:39
Reply #581

kanyno

• Active Users
    • View Profile

Confirm, RC5+FP6 is crashing Max. RC4+FP6 worked fine for me. RC+FP7 works well

MAX 2021.3
For me: RC3+ FP6 works fine,  RC4 and RC5 + FP6=Crash max , RC5+FP7= works fine!

2021-07-07, 16:07:23
Reply #582

Jens

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Ikonoform
Hi, I'm not able to submit bug report via web. Captcha fails for some reason, so posting here:

I'm running a brand new install on a laptop. I've installed daily build 7 rc3 and now I just installed vray adv 510003 to convert a vray model (attached via private uploader) I need in my scene.

Bug happens both when I merge this model into my current scene, but also if I just open the model file directly and try from there.

Steps to reproduce (for me):

Open scene. Select entire model. Run corona converter on seletec objects. Open material editor (slate). Now bug happens. Keyboard stops working. Soon after max crashes without any error. I couldn't even find the .dmp file?

Can you reproduce this?
My small 3D model shop: www.ikonoform.com/shop
My arch viz blog: www.ikonoform.com/blog

2021-07-07, 16:28:28
Reply #583

Jens

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Ikonoform
Hi, I'm not able to submit bug report via web. Captcha fails for some reason, so posting here:

I'm running a brand new install on a laptop. I've installed daily build 7 rc3 and now I just installed vray adv 510003 to convert a vray model (attached via private uploader) I need in my scene.

Bug happens both when I merge this model into my current scene, but also if I just open the model file directly and try from there.

Steps to reproduce (for me):

Open scene. Select entire model. Run corona converter on seletec objects. Open material editor (slate). Now bug happens. Keyboard stops working. Soon after max crashes without any error. I couldn't even find the .dmp file?

Can you reproduce this?

Hmm okay, so it's actually not that file. It's on every max scene I open now after having installed vray! I have had some similar bugs on my main workstation like this too some time ago and had to install pre v.5 of vray in order to have it be stable.
My small 3D model shop: www.ikonoform.com/shop
My arch viz blog: www.ikonoform.com/blog

2021-07-08, 05:17:06
Reply #584

kanyno

• Active Users
    • View Profile
corona select can't be used in the scene environment on the single map anymore? That's too bad, because we could use several hdri without the need for lightmix, which actually weighs a lot on the render.