Author Topic: Corona Renderer 7 for 3ds Max - Daily Builds Discussion  (Read 175765 times)

2021-06-21, 09:56:16
Reply #480

aaouviz

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Another Angle 3D
Yes, exactly.

I'm no expert, but I would presume that it should be fairly straight forward to somehow create an 'in scene' cheat fog effect with z-depth. Of course this wouldn't react to light so much, but I'm not expecting any miracles for a quick volume effect such as the one we now have...

Anyway, I do think this current fog is pretty cool. Looking forward to giving it a proper test drive in a real project.
Nicolas Pratt
Another Angle 3D
https://www.instagram.com/anotherangle3d/

2021-06-21, 13:02:46
Reply #481

Duron

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
I'm liking the volume effect in the sky, guys! Well done. It seems to be fast and probably helpful. No idea how you did it...

Now, the question I suspect will come up from many others; is there a way to integrate this new volume effect when using a HDRI?

Thanks!

I wanted to ask the same question today. +1

2021-06-21, 16:13:16
Reply #482

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Internally logged as a feature request (aerial perspective effect for HDRI enviro).

(Report ID=CRMAX-716)
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2021-06-21, 17:50:28
Reply #483

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Corona for 3ds Max QA Team
    • View Profile
Good afternoon, I'm registering increment on render times with last version, here is an screenshot from a video I'm doing, the highlighted ones are rendered with previous version, the white ones are from after the update, kogomotor 02 its an amd with better results from last versions, ogomotor14 is an 19 and kogomotor07 is an i7, I know it isn't accurate because the calculation was made with previous version but i want it to share this results, also I'm presenting a crash on a video shot with motion blur, previous and last daily version, let m know if you like to test both scenes.

Oh,  almost forgot, all the machines are using high quality denoise because I'm mixing amd with intel
Hi,

There's a lot of information here :) But I have a few questions

Can you tell me exactly which versions of Corona and 3ds Max you are using? Can you also tell me the full specification of the computers you are using to render.

If possible it would be really useful to get both of the scenes in question, instructions on how to send these to me are in my signature.

As a side note, the Intel hybrid denoiser also works on AMD :)

Cheers,

Rowan

All 3 scenes are up, each with the name of the error or situation presenting, hope this helps.
Hi,

I retested this crash today and it is fixed in RC2. It was most likely fixed by some LayaredMtl crashes we resolved in a previous daily build.

Let me know if you still have some issues.

Rowan
Please read this before reporting bugs: How to report issues to us!
Send me your scene!

2021-06-22, 21:03:27
Reply #484

cjwidd

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Artstation
Having a roughness map and being able to just pass it into the shader without any CC or adjustment to get proper shading is pretty fantastic +1

2021-06-23, 01:59:14
Reply #485

TEV09

• Users
    • View Profile
Hi! With new physmtl, unchecked cast shadows in object properties list produces weird shadows  for some camera angles. RC2

UPD: It turned out to be an old problem, it had nothing to do with the new shader...
« Last Edit: 2021-06-23, 13:20:01 by TEV09 »

2021-06-23, 13:25:23
Reply #486

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Corona for 3ds Max QA Team
    • View Profile
Hi Guys,

The green haze has been fixed in v7 RC3 which is available now.

I look forward to seeing some cool scenes :)

Cheers,

Rowan
Please read this before reporting bugs: How to report issues to us!
Send me your scene!

2021-06-23, 14:10:06
Reply #487

Dionysios.TS

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Evolvia Imaging
Hi Guys,

The green haze has been fixed in v7 RC3 which is available now.

I look forward to seeing some cool scenes :)

Cheers,

Rowan

Fantastic news! :)

2021-06-23, 14:26:10
Reply #488

scionik

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Yeah,thanks, I'll try in this night.
But... do you have any plans to fix BTT tool for the final release?

2021-06-23, 15:14:53
Reply #489

jms.lwly

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • jms.lwly studio
Checker -> UVW Randomizer (Mesh Element mode, use U and/or V offset 0 to 1) -> pipe to 1. Diffuse, 2. Displacement. Could also not repro any discrepancy in other slots.
Inspection : https://bit.ly/3czv3il

Regards,
Avi

(Report ID=CRMAX-687)

Just to add to this one, UVW Randomizer doesn't work correctly when used with a CoronaDisplacementMod - the same (incorrect) randomisation which doesn't match the Diffuse is applied.

Hoping this is fixed before long, it's not been mentioned in RC2 or 3 and currently makes UVW Randomisation almost unusable...

2021-06-23, 16:42:11
Reply #490

muoto

• Active Users
    • View Profile
in RC3, is it normal that the max IOR value of a physical material is 3 ? (minimum is 1)

2021-06-23, 16:44:47
Reply #491

cjwidd

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Artstation

2021-06-23, 17:22:39
Reply #492

JulioCayetano

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi everyone,

We have been using some of the Corona 7 daily builds in some of our latest production archviz projects. We are very happy in general with all the nice new Corona 7 features, like the PhysicalMtl, etc. All dailies have been pretty stable for us during these last weeks.

I have just tried the new Atmospheric perspective effect in one of our current complex exterior scenes (urban situation). I find the effect to be really nice, fast to render and effective, thanks a lot for the hard work! However, I´ve experienced some weird behaviours, something like a strong Magenta tint, while tweaking the turbidity values. The most curious thing is that it is super visible through reftactions on glass surfaces. I´m a bit confused, not sure what is happening here. Please find attached some crop redners of one of the shots. I´m using a default CoronaSun and the new "improved" Sky model, with everything by default, except from:
-Altutude: 40m
-Volume effect: 1.5
-Turbidity: variable from 2 to 6 (read each file name to see value)

2021-06-23, 17:23:13
Reply #493

muoto

• Active Users
    • View Profile
yes

why ? How do you set up a material that is quite very reflective (but non glossy), and still not mirror ?

usually, i would have set the IOR to a higher value, but maybe i'm wrong ?
« Last Edit: 2021-06-23, 17:31:05 by muoto »

2021-06-23, 17:35:24
Reply #494

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
yes

why ? How do you set up a material that is quite very reflective (but non glossy), and still not mirror ?

usually, i would have set the IOR to a higher value, but maybe i'm wrong ?

The reason is that in real life there are almost no non-metal materials that would have IOR over 3. There are some weird chemical substances that do have it, but it is very unlikely that they would be rendered.
If a material has higher IOR, it means it's a metal and there is a selector for this in the Physical Mtl.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us