Author Topic: Corona Renderer 7 for 3ds Max - Daily Builds Discussion  (Read 175705 times)

2021-04-07, 15:59:11
Reply #270

michaltimko

• Active Users
  • Coronaut (c)
    • View Profile
Not sure if someone mentioned this here but latest converter literally wipes out bitmaps in some conversion and converts vray materials as metal, probably ignoring refl.
Used it in one of my commercial scenes and it converted everything into PhysicalMat and messed up 90% of materials in the scene. Absolute mess.
Hi,

I'm afraid this is a hazard of the daily builds... https://coronarenderer.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/5000570015-corona-renderer-for-3ds-max-daily-builds

We always recommend backing up your scenes before using them in a daily build.

No problems, im using daily builds on daily basis , this is first time my scene got screwed but thats purely my fault. And unfortunately i cant send it to you, its big real estate project and max file only is 8gb.

Would you be able to send over one of your scenes so we can use it for testing further fixes for the converter?

Thanks,

Rowan
Coronaut!(c)2011

Supporting Corona in commercial projects since pre-alpha

2021-04-07, 20:17:57
Reply #271

Rendermonkey

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hey, I attached a simple vray to corona conversion scene.

The conversion is left some bitmaps and the materials are wrong.

KR

2021-04-07, 23:21:44
Reply #272

Bormax

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Really miss the Corona Converter with the latest build. Is it possible to get previous version of Corona converter and make it work with the latest Corona DB?

2021-04-08, 14:05:20
Reply #273

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Corona for 3ds Max QA Team
    • View Profile
Really miss the Corona Converter with the latest build. Is it possible to get previous version of Corona converter and make it work with the latest Corona DB?
Hi,

We're working really hard on some fixes for the converter, hopefully we'll have something ready soon.

Thanks for your patience

Rowan
Please read this before reporting bugs: How to report issues to us!
Send me your scene!

2021-04-08, 15:15:33
Reply #274

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile

KR
Hi,

This scene already has the materials converted to CoronaPhysical, do you have the scene before you ran the converter?

Thanks,

Rowan
Send me your scene!

2021-04-08, 15:24:04
Reply #275

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Would you be able to send over a scene or two where the conversion is failing?

Thanks
Send me your scene!

2021-04-09, 20:17:51
Reply #276

Rendermonkey

• Active Users
    • View Profile

KR
Hi,

This scene already has the materials converted to CoronaPhysical, do you have the scene before you ran the converter?

Thanks,

Rowan

Sure, file attached!

Hope you'll get this fixed soon...

2021-04-10, 13:41:49
Reply #277

denisgo22

• Active Users
    • View Profile
highly recommend for a huge render time saving add to Corona Camera-- parameter of denoising amount and passes amount/ so it will be possible to adjust the render time for different cameras. since there are different positions where half of the image is empty. for example for aerial views where a large number of unnecessary passes are rendered after reaching the required number of amount noise and quality.it will also be possible to reduce render times for views where the visible quality is sufficient with fewer passes, or more noise amount/
« Last Edit: 2021-04-10, 13:50:06 by denisgo22 »

2021-04-10, 20:20:44
Reply #278

Bormax

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi
Is it expected behavior?
Check the difference of passes amount and noise level on attached pictures rendered the same time with production and interactive mode. (Attached Production render picture saved with no denoising)

IR cleans picture noticeably slower than production render

DB 30-03-2021, Max 2021.3, Dual Xeon E5 2660 (16cores/32 threads)
« Last Edit: 2021-04-11, 09:06:02 by Bormax »

2021-04-11, 00:20:00
Reply #279

lolec

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Default setting is IR using all but one of your cores. Depending on your processor that can make a noticeable difference. That can be changed but not recommended as it makes max unusable while IR

2021-04-11, 09:04:22
Reply #280

Bormax

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Default setting is IR using all but one of your cores. Depending on your processor that can make a noticeable difference. That can be changed but not recommended as it makes max unusable while IR

Thanks lolec. You are right, I should add information about CPUs which I have
I have 16 cores/32 threads system, 1 thread is reserved by Corona for other needs during IR. Difference of passes (50 and 48) fits this values, but noise level difference is more noticeable (3.91% and 4.80%). I didn't notice such difference with previous versions of Corona, maybe I just didn't pay attention to that... I'm going to make the same test with Corona 6, but later

2021-04-11, 10:53:05
Reply #281

Bormax

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Here is the same test with Corona 6.
Ok, noise level difference is about the same as with Corona 7. But now I'm confused by the overall render time with the same noise limit
Corona 7 - 2.44
Corona 6 - 1.46
Materials which I've changed to render these pictures with Corona 6 are wall material and sofa fabric (they were new physical mats). Wall material was simple, no maps, only roughness was adjusted. Fabric physical mat - pretty simple, had Sheen effect adjusted. And that is it.

2021-04-11, 17:32:36
Reply #282

lolec

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I believe “noise level” is not a fundamentally objective measurable thing. Every time there is a significant change in the engine, they need to re-define how noise level is estimated and reported. If you run the same render for the same amount of time does it look cleaner in Corona 7? The changes they make are most of the time designed to speed up the render, so that should be the case.

2021-04-12, 09:21:59
Reply #283

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
I have not used noise level for years. It's just too dependable on detail structure of image. Add detailed carpet into scene and the whole parameter becomes quite useless for evaluation of "render" noise.
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2021-04-12, 14:56:18
Reply #284

leo_surrealismo

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I have not used noise level for years. It's just too dependable on detail structure of image. Add detailed carpet into scene and the whole parameter becomes quite useless for evaluation of "render" noise.

hi Juraj,
I`m moving from vray and I`m using noise limit 2% on my setup.   Can you tell me what`s your workflow instead of using noise? sorry if it`s a noob question.