Author Topic: Corona Renderer 7 for 3ds Max - Daily Builds Discussion  (Read 175702 times)

2021-02-17, 09:50:28
Reply #120

maximvis

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thank you so much! I will wait. Good luck, thanks for Corona)
Hi,

So I have some good news. It looks like this bug is caused by an issue that we already know about and we have already fixed it in our internal builds.

If everything goes as planned the fix will be in the next daily build.

Cheers,

Rowan

(Report ID=CRMAX-148)

Thanks for your prompt support. I'll wait for the next Build))

Good luck

Maxim

2021-02-19, 16:28:05
Reply #121

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Corona for 3ds Max QA Team
    • View Profile

2021-02-19, 17:10:39
Reply #122

Frood

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Rakete GmbH
The accuracy improvement is just awesome! It will fix alot of issues with tiny details.

Good Luck

« Last Edit: 2021-02-19, 18:05:55 by Frood »
Never underestimate the power of a well placed level one spell.

2021-02-20, 10:17:55
Reply #123

smadiswelem

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Significantly improved rendering quality for scenes far away from origin by internally shifting the scene so the camera sits at origin. No changes to scenes are needed.
What does it mean? I didnt get it?) like more details will appear on far parts of the render?

2021-02-20, 10:39:37
Reply #124

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
The farther away from scene origin an object is, the less precisely program can calculate its location. Normally this isn't big issue, but in more extreme cases it can lead to clearly visible artifacts. Take a look at two attached renders, both are rendered in exactly the same conditions, except that one of them is located at the centre of the scene and the other one is moved by 100 000 units away from the centre in all 3 axis. New build should address this issue.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2021-02-20, 13:28:12
Reply #125

Feodor

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Good afternoon! In version 7, it became very common to encounter incorrect gamma detection in normal maps. Previously, there were never any problems in the old scenes, now there is an incorrect warning.

2021-02-20, 14:04:29
Reply #126

VASLAVO

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Good afternoon, I'm registering increment on render times with last version, here is an screenshot from a video I'm doing, the highlighted ones are rendered with previous version, the white ones are from after the update, kogomotor 02 its an amd with better results from last versions, ogomotor14 is an 19 and kogomotor07 is an i7, I know it isn't accurate because the calculation was made with previous version but i want it to share this results, also I'm presenting a crash on a video shot with motion blur, previous and last daily version, let m know if you like to test both scenes.

Oh,  almost forgot, all the machines are using high quality denoise because I'm mixing amd with intel

2021-02-20, 14:37:59
Reply #127

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Good afternoon! In version 7, it became very common to encounter incorrect gamma detection in normal maps. Previously, there were never any problems in the old scenes, now there is an incorrect warning.

Did you try to reset strength multiplier back to defaul 1.0? I never saw that someone would use such strange multiplier value. In fact i didn't even know that it's possible to set it to negative. Makes no sense to me.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2021-02-21, 08:54:03
Reply #128

maximvis

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks for your prompt support. I'll wait for the next Build))

Good luck

Maxim
Go go go! :)
https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php?topic=30876.msg182024#msg182024

Thank you so much! Works great now! Thanks for your work)

MAXIM

2021-02-22, 10:21:31
Reply #129

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Good afternoon, I'm registering increment on render times with last version, here is an screenshot from a video I'm doing, the highlighted ones are rendered with previous version, the white ones are from after the update, kogomotor 02 its an amd with better results from last versions, ogomotor14 is an 19 and kogomotor07 is an i7, I know it isn't accurate because the calculation was made with previous version but i want it to share this results, also I'm presenting a crash on a video shot with motion blur, previous and last daily version, let m know if you like to test both scenes.

Oh,  almost forgot, all the machines are using high quality denoise because I'm mixing amd with intel
Hi,

There's a lot of information here :) But I have a few questions

Can you tell me exactly which versions of Corona and 3ds Max you are using? Can you also tell me the full specification of the computers you are using to render.

If possible it would be really useful to get both of the scenes in question, instructions on how to send these to me are in my signature.

As a side note, the Intel hybrid denoiser also works on AMD :)

Cheers,

Rowan
Please read this before reporting bugs: How to report issues to us!
Send me your scene!

2021-02-22, 11:25:04
Reply #130

Feodor

• Active Users
    • View Profile

Did you try to reset strength multiplier back to defaul 1.0? I never saw that someone would use such strange multiplier value. In fact i didn't even know that it's possible to set it to negative. Makes no sense to me.

This material is not mine, it is from a scene that I bought a long time ago and often use it, I did not notice the messages before, probably it confused me Put one, the problem is gone. I withdraw the question.

2021-02-22, 11:41:01
Reply #131

VASLAVO

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi, yes, versions of corona are:
corona-7-3dsmax-daily-2021-01-08 for previous frames
corona-7-3dsmax-daily-2021-02-19 for latest frames

3dsmax 2020.3.2 security fix (22.0 - 22.3.2.3204)

computer Specs:

AMD 3070X , 128 gb 3600MHZ, GeForce GTX 1070
Intel i9 9900K, 64gb 2133MHZ, GeForce GTX 1070
Intel Core i7-8750H, 32gb 2666MHZ, GeForce 1050 Ti

ill try to upload both scenes during the day, thanks for the intel tip, didn't know.

Also, corona-7-3dsmax-daily-2021-02-19 crashes on heavy scenes when i try to move a light during interactive rendering, and also have experience some crashes when use the corona converter with the map browser on in nodes (sometimes showing and sometimes map browser empty)

Oh, sorry I almost forgot, I've also notice some hang time during render, it starts very goo for example 25 passes with a time spec of 34 minutes and then it hangs and freeze for about 15 to 20 minutes (not completely freeze, just incrementing time on several passes) and then it continues the render and finish it at the previous speed (before it hangs) and did some texts with DR and took much more time than single machine, this scene has fur on it but its not like crazy heavy.
« Last Edit: 2021-02-22, 11:46:28 by KOGODIS »

2021-02-22, 13:05:51
Reply #132

Abdullah_Alallah

• Active Users
    • View Profile
i found a new bug in the latest daily build, it involves the corona distance map. if I was to add an item I can't remove it, removing any added item will freeze the whole max interface and will lead to a crash. i tried it with multiple scenes (simple and complex node setups too) and will be sharing another bug that I found also involving the distance map that creates weird artifacts with fog and volume material.

2021-02-22, 13:22:50
Reply #133

VASLAVO

• Active Users
    • View Profile

Hi,

There's a lot of information here :) But I have a few questions

Can you tell me exactly which versions of Corona and 3ds Max you are using? Can you also tell me the full specification of the computers you are using to render.

If possible it would be really useful to get both of the scenes in question, instructions on how to send these to me are in my signature.

As a side note, the Intel hybrid denoiser also works on AMD :)

Cheers,

Rowan

All 3 scenes are up, each with the name of the error or situation presenting, hope this helps.

2021-02-23, 09:17:43
Reply #134

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
i found a new bug in the latest daily build, it involves the corona distance map. if I was to add an item I can't remove it, removing any added item will freeze the whole max interface and will lead to a crash. i tried it with multiple scenes (simple and complex node setups too) and will be sharing another bug that I found also involving the distance map that creates weird artifacts with fog and volume material.
Hi,

Thanks for reporting this, I can reproduce it here and our devs are already working on a fix.

Cheers,

Rowan

(Report ID=CRMAX-296)
Please read this before reporting bugs: How to report issues to us!
Send me your scene!