Author Topic: Corona Renderer 7 for 3ds Max - Daily Builds Discussion  (Read 175690 times)

2020-12-02, 13:21:05
Reply #45

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Corona for 3ds Max QA Team
    • View Profile
hi guys

iv noticed lately that the IR would refresh on its own without me adjusting anything - if i leave corona to interactively render and then go to my 2nd monitor to browse the web for instance and THEN go back to corona, the interactive starts again.
it also just keeps refreshing and refreshing at times for not reason at all. 

When i have the mouse over the render it stabalises - when i move the mouse OFF the render, it then refreshes.  Weird behavior.

I have this issue sometimes too..  Also, i find with some scenes, when running IR, Max "freezes" for a few seconds every few seconds.

Hi Guys,

Do you have an example scene where you can reproduce this issue that you would be able to send to us?

Could you also let us know, which versions of Corona, 3ds Max and Windows you are using, as well as any 3rd party plugins in the scene?

Cheers,

Rowan
Please read this before reporting bugs: How to report issues to us!
Send me your scene!

2020-12-02, 13:30:35
Reply #46

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
I have that very frequently (for years) and I have been told (which I mostly verified) it's tied to native 3dsMax Physical camera (Target use, DOF, shifted view,etc..)
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2020-12-02, 14:16:52
Reply #47

Frood

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Rakete GmbH
... or Forest Pack bounding box (not in your case of course :)

Good Luck

Never underestimate the power of a well placed level one spell.

2020-12-02, 21:46:41
Reply #48

shortcirkuit

• Active Users
    • View Profile
what do you mean by this?

... or Forest Pack bounding box (not in your case of course :)

Good Luck

2020-12-02, 21:48:43
Reply #49

shortcirkuit

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks for the response - Im using Windows 10 - latest build.  I tried it with corona hotfix 1 and latest daily. and 3DS Max 2021.2

Its a very heavy scene ill try and replicate it in a simpler scene although something tells me this happens more on heavier scenes.  I will send it over when i get an opportunity to do so - thankyou

hi guys

iv noticed lately that the IR would refresh on its own without me adjusting anything - if i leave corona to interactively render and then go to my 2nd monitor to browse the web for instance and THEN go back to corona, the interactive starts again.
it also just keeps refreshing and refreshing at times for not reason at all. 

When i have the mouse over the render it stabalises - when i move the mouse OFF the render, it then refreshes.  Weird behavior.

I have this issue sometimes too..  Also, i find with some scenes, when running IR, Max "freezes" for a few seconds every few seconds.

Hi Guys,

Do you have an example scene where you can reproduce this issue that you would be able to send to us?

Could you also let us know, which versions of Corona, 3ds Max and Windows you are using, as well as any 3rd party plugins in the scene?

Cheers,

Rowan

2020-12-03, 08:20:05
Reply #50

Frood

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Rakete GmbH
what do you mean by this?

It means that exactly this happens using ForestPack in many situations: hovering over the viewport (even when it's covered by other windows), FP constantly rebuilds its items, causing IR to stutter or restart.

Good Luck

Never underestimate the power of a well placed level one spell.

2020-12-04, 10:45:51
Reply #51

JG_monomiru

• Active Users
  • JG
    • View Profile
    • www.gehrcken.de
will you bring back the "visible in mask" option in V7?

Since the removal of that option in V6 its quite a pain to render masks and normal/z-depth with multi-submaterial-setup. When you want one set of masks for glas objects in front not messing up with z-depth and normals ... but still visible in reflections, but not showing masks. So you can then render a 2nd pass (render-elements only) where that specific material it is visible to shows up in rgb-masks, zdepth and normals....

so you can alter glass-balustraded (for example) in postproduction.

Right now in V6 and dailyV7 this workflow is not possible - as that material does show up in full in z-depth/normals etc.... even though it was set to propagate mask (reflection, or always). Only way to get a z-depth/normal element is to turn the whole object invisible to camera - but this isn't a sollution when working with "multi-submaterial" obejcts...

Right now I'm stuck to V5... which makes the whole workflow obsolete with the new versions.
« Last Edit: 2020-12-04, 11:10:41 by Jens_Gehrcken »

2020-12-08, 09:57:38
Reply #52

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
will you bring back the "visible in mask" option in V7?

Since the removal of that option in V6 its quite a pain to render masks and normal/z-depth with multi-submaterial-setup. When you want one set of masks for glas objects in front not messing up with z-depth and normals ... but still visible in reflections, but not showing masks. So you can then render a 2nd pass (render-elements only) where that specific material it is visible to shows up in rgb-masks, zdepth and normals....

so you can alter glass-balustraded (for example) in postproduction.

Right now in V6 and dailyV7 this workflow is not possible - as that material does show up in full in z-depth/normals etc.... even though it was set to propagate mask (reflection, or always). Only way to get a z-depth/normal element is to turn the whole object invisible to camera - but this isn't a sollution when working with "multi-submaterial" obejcts...

Right now I'm stuck to V5... which makes the whole workflow obsolete with the new versions.
Hi,

I have created a feature req to add this functionality back in. I understand that this is a pain at the moment and I will let you know when I have some further information from our devs.

Cheers.

Rowan

(Report ID=CRMAX-44)
Send me your scene!

2020-12-10, 19:23:17
Reply #53

Lachin

• Active Users
  • Lachin Guluyev
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
I didn't get it right now I'm running corona 6.0.
delete corona version 6.0 write new version 7.0?
best regards

2020-12-10, 19:40:04
Reply #54

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
I didn't get it right now I'm running corona 6.0.
delete corona version 6.0 write new version 7.0?
best regards

You can download the V7 daily builds here: https://coronarenderer.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/5000570015-corona-renderer-for-3ds-max-daily-builds

You don't have to uninstall V6. You can just install the new version over the old one.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2020-12-11, 08:53:37
Reply #55

Misha

• Active Users
    • View Profile
HI!
Sorry for my English ((
But I've got a little problem with ForestPack(6.3.1) + latest corona daily build(10.12.2020)
let me explain:
I have a small exterior scene with trees on background  and grass maked in ForestPack
When I installed latest daily build(10.12.2020) - my scene freeze on interactive render
When I turn off ForestPack trees all fine and scene rendering fine
And I decide reinstall previous daily build and all rendering fine

2020-12-11, 09:25:24
Reply #56

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
HI!
Sorry for my English ((
But I've got a little problem with ForestPack(6.3.1) + latest corona daily build(10.12.2020)
let me explain:
I have a small exterior scene with trees on background  and grass maked in ForestPack
When I installed latest daily build(10.12.2020) - my scene freeze on interactive render
When I turn off ForestPack trees all fine and scene rendering fine
And I decide reinstall previous daily build and all rendering fine
Hi,

I would like to investigate this, please can you send over your scene? Instructions on how to do this are in my signature.

Cheers,

Rowan
Send me your scene!

2020-12-11, 10:58:06
Reply #57

Misha

• Active Users
    • View Profile

2020-12-11, 11:34:46
Reply #58

rowmanns

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
yes will send little later
Thanks, please let me know the filename once it is uploaded.
Send me your scene!

2020-12-11, 12:24:54
Reply #59

Misha

• Active Users
    • View Profile
yes will send little later
Thanks, please let me know the filename once it is uploaded.

Sauna_EXT - file name