Author Topic: Not quite finished stuff... ;)  (Read 28283 times)

2012-11-26, 10:47:36
Reply #15

pionier

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • my portfolio
right, I think that making glass with liquid inside without having sss shader is a bit to hard, at least for me :P
here is the last test from it and I move on to something different :)

thanks,
peter
Peter Kolus, Senior 3D artist:
www.peterkolus.com

2012-11-26, 12:45:45
Reply #16

Ludvik Koutny

• VIP
  • Active Users
  • Just another user
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
right, I think that making glass with liquid inside without having sss shader is a bit to hard, at least for me :P
here is the last test from it and I move on to something different :)

thanks,
peter

Refraction falloff + low refraction glossiness ;)

2012-11-26, 14:49:43
Reply #17

Samurai Pizza Cat

• Active Users
    • View Profile
How come the glass is colored green in some areas ? I have the same issue with colored glass material.

2012-11-26, 16:40:04
Reply #18

pionier

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • my portfolio
Refraction falloff + low refraction glossiness ;)

I try this way:

kind of like this one :P
www.peterkolus.com

2012-11-26, 16:43:25
Reply #19

pionier

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • my portfolio
How come the glass is colored green in some areas ? I have the same issue with colored glass material.

that's what happened when you are not sure what to do ;)
www.peterkolus.com

2012-11-26, 16:59:16
Reply #20

Samurai Pizza Cat

• Active Users
    • View Profile
The new one looks good so far, few ice cubes and it looks delicious ! :)

Any suggestion on how to solve the colored glass issue ?

2012-11-26, 17:08:16
Reply #21

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
Do you have exit color set to black? if so, what other components do you have on the orange-tinted material? If there is some reflection, make it orange too
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2012-11-26, 17:19:34
Reply #22

pionier

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • my portfolio
The new one looks good so far, few ice cubes and it looks delicious ! :)

Any suggestion on how to solve the colored glass issue ?

thanks!

as for the question, I think that happened when you pick up wrong color for refraction?

btw, have a question as well: is corona more like maxwell renderer (I mean physically accurate) or like vray?
www.peterkolus.com

2012-11-26, 17:22:59
Reply #23

pionier

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • my portfolio
Do you have exit color set to black? if so, what other components do you have on the orange-tinted material? If there is some reflection, make it orange too

so when you are try to make colored liquid you should tint refraction, reflection and absorbtion colors?
and what if you want get juice, should I also use translucency?
www.peterkolus.com

2012-11-26, 17:34:14
Reply #24

Samurai Pizza Cat

• Active Users
    • View Profile
http://2.imimg.com/data2/QP/TU/MY-/gh-250x250.jpg

I´m trying to get this type of material, but changing the refaction color always results in a blueish tone (when using orange as color). Using orange as reflection color results in orange reflections as suspected.

Maybe a bug...

2012-11-26, 17:34:50
Reply #25

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
btw, have a question as well: is corona more like maxwell renderer (I mean physically accurate) or like vray?
Corona tries to get the best of both worlds. In terms of accuracy, it is definitely closer to the maxwell quality (see http://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php/topic,255.0.html ;))

so when you are try to make colored liquid you should tint refraction, reflection and absorbtion colors?
Do whatever looks good ;). Since there is no participating media/SSS, you will be faking the material anyways ;)
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2012-11-26, 17:39:42
Reply #26

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile

I´m trying to get this type of material, but changing the refaction color always results in a blueish tone (when using orange as color). Using orange as reflection color results in orange reflections as suspected.

Maybe a bug...

This is an energy conservation issue. Refraction gets what remains after reflection. If your reflection is pure red, you cannot then have any red in refraction, hence you get the complementary color.

I can think of 3 ways to do this:
1) what is currently implemented (strongly colored 1 component results in complementary color in the other
2) darkening of all color channels equally (then you would get no complementary color, but gray/dark).
3) breaking energy conservation (fake)

I dont know what is best. Vray lets you choose IMHO between 1 and 2

2012-11-26, 17:42:24
Reply #27

pionier

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • my portfolio

Maybe a bug...

did you try with absorbtion color and distance or/and darken your refraction color?

Corona tries to get the best of both worlds. In terms of accuracy, it is definitely closer to the maxwell quality (see http://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php/topic,255.0.html ;))

Do whatever looks good ;). Since there is no participating media/SSS, you will be faking the material anyways ;)

thanks for your answer,
I'm asking because I'm wonder if you can do staff like this guy here, watch youtube movie from: http://www.digitalartform.com/archives/2009/04/parabolic_ellip.html
having possibility to make it as in real world is realllly cool!

do you like my latest render? would be nice to get nice result and give you nice render for your gallery so any c&c are more that welcome :)
« Last Edit: 2012-11-26, 17:45:16 by pionier »
www.peterkolus.com

2012-11-26, 19:41:35
Reply #28

michaltimko

• Active Users
  • Coronaut (c)
    • View Profile
Do u have diffuse set to 0, when using refraction ?
« Last Edit: 2012-11-26, 19:43:53 by michaltimko »
Coronaut!(c)2011

Supporting Corona in commercial projects since pre-alpha

2012-11-26, 22:11:43
Reply #29

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
This is an energy conservation issue. Refraction gets what remains after reflection. If your reflection is pure red, you cannot then have any red in refraction, hence you get the complementary color.

I can think of 3 ways to do this:
1) what is currently implemented (strongly colored 1 component results in complementary color in the other
2) darkening of all color channels equally (then you would get no complementary color, but gray/dark).
3) breaking energy conservation (fake)

I dont know what is best. Vray lets you choose IMHO between 1 and 2
Why doesn't this happen in real life?
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us