Author Topic: Not quite finished stuff... ;)  (Read 28437 times)

2012-11-15, 11:21:32

pionier

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • my portfolio
hello,

I'm also testing Corona renderer, at first I will try to make a glass, this is how it's look like for now:

later I will try to add beer inside and maybe few drops on glass.

btw, nice to meet you :)

thanks,
peter
« Last Edit: 2014-07-13, 16:52:25 by pionier »
Peter Kolus, Senior 3D artist:
www.peterkolus.com

2012-11-15, 11:24:40
Reply #1

Ludvik Koutny

• VIP
  • Active Users
  • Just another user
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
Back side of the glass top looks oddly blurred, if you tried to retouch noise, i suggest to use noise reduction in Photoshop rather than smudge and blur tools :)

2012-11-15, 11:31:57
Reply #2

white

• Active Users
    • View Profile
"beer" sounds damn goood!!! :)....cheers

2012-11-15, 11:34:20
Reply #3

pionier

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • my portfolio
Back side of the glass top looks oddly blurred, if you tried to retouch noise, i suggest to use noise reduction in Photoshop rather than smudge and blur tools :)

yes I know, DOF should be a bit smaller, I didn't use any smudge/blur tools as well as any 'retouch' trick so far, but thanks for your post :)

@white, thanks :)
www.peterkolus.com

2012-11-16, 11:05:36
Reply #4

pionier

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • my portfolio
hello again,

I have a question, after reading the forum I'm a bit confused - in this scene when I had just glass, I used onsided (solid) mode and it's look ok for me, but what If I want add beer, should it be onsided or twosided mode?

at the moment I have the best result with glass on onesided and beer twosided mode, question is this a correct way of doing this?
www.peterkolus.com

2012-11-16, 11:20:29
Reply #5

Ludvik Koutny

• VIP
  • Active Users
  • Just another user
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
hello again,

I have a question, after reading the forum I'm a bit confused - in this scene when I had just glass, I used onsided (solid) mode and it's look ok for me, but what If I want add beer, should it be onsided or twosided mode?

at the moment I have the best result with glass on onesided and beer twosided mode, question is this a correct way of doing this?

Onesided... twosided means no refraction, like very thin glass, for example glass in windows or light bulb glass.

For beer, use same approach as you would in other renderer. Make a mesh of duplicating the  the inner side of the glass that will be a beer liquid, cap the top, invert normals and make it slightly larger so it intersects with the inner side of the glass a little bit :)

2012-11-16, 13:04:25
Reply #6

pionier

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • my portfolio
hello again,

Onesided... twosided means no refraction, like very thin glass, for example glass in windows or light bulb glass.

For beer, use same approach as you would in other renderer. Make a mesh of duplicating the  the inner side of the glass that will be a beer liquid, cap the top, invert normals and make it slightly larger so it intersects with the inner side of the glass a little bit :)

do i get it right?
www.peterkolus.com

2012-11-16, 13:51:45
Reply #7

Ludvik Koutny

• VIP
  • Active Users
  • Just another user
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
hello again,

do i get it right?

Yes, correct :)

2012-11-16, 14:11:07
Reply #8

pionier

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • my portfolio
thanks Rawalanche, interesting approach with this intersects :)

it's getting better I think :P
www.peterkolus.com

2012-11-16, 17:11:31
Reply #9

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
I always thought it should look like this:
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2012-11-16, 17:24:58
Reply #10

pionier

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • my portfolio
me too ;)

your second image is interesting, I will have to try to do it with different ior value on each side of glass & beer.
www.peterkolus.com

2012-11-16, 17:55:21
Reply #11

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
actually, the best way in corona would be to detach some glass faces and make the liquid from them, i.e. to have only single surface between the glass and water. But I have not tested if it works correctly
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2012-11-16, 18:12:10
Reply #12

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
actually, the best way in corona would be to detach some glass faces and make the liquid from them, i.e. to have only single surface between the glass and water. But I have not tested if it works correctly

Yes, this is the method I posted. You create 2 separate objects that share one loop of edges (red spots). I think this is the most physically correct way. Creating a liquid volume which is a tiny bit smaller that the inside of glass gives very unnatural look. There are lots of tutorials on this. And best way to study this is by observing real life glasses. :) How about a non-corona tutorials section?
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2012-11-18, 19:51:58
Reply #13

Chakib

• Active Users
  • Corona Omnomnomer !
    • View Profile
Method showed by MAru is the best way for liquid inside glass, can't wait to see the final result

2012-11-23, 17:05:22
Reply #14

pionier

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • my portfolio
hello,

I did a test of something smaller:

btw, I find some nice topic about glass on maxwell render forum: http://www.maxwellrender.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=17147
www.peterkolus.com