Author Topic: Is still the problem of the sun  (Read 4409 times)

2012-10-26, 17:12:29

woshilvba

• Active Users
    • View Profile
In one scene, I use the sofa. The sofa material contains reflections and bump. When the sun on the sofa, the sofa will appear irregular point.
I would like to ask how can I reduce the irregular point?

2012-10-26, 19:37:48
Reply #1

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Maybe you should show material settings?
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2012-10-26, 23:05:02
Reply #2

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
This is because specular surfaces are VERY sensitive to bump. The sun gets reflected at multiple positions, due to varying normals. This is correct - it should happen, but it's probably not what you want. Best solution would be to disable the reflection visibility of the sun, but that is not implemented yet. You'll have to work around the problem. It should be implemented in next alpha
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2012-10-27, 11:41:33
Reply #3

woshilvba

• Active Users
    • View Profile
This is because specular surfaces are VERY sensitive to bump. The sun gets reflected at multiple positions, due to varying normals. This is correct - it should happen, but it's probably not what you want. Best solution would be to disable the reflection visibility of the sun, but that is not implemented yet. You'll have to work around the problem. It should be implemented in next alpha
Will use the next version of delta computation in the reflected or refracted?

2012-10-27, 12:46:30
Reply #4

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
I'm sorry, I don't understand that...
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2012-10-27, 13:04:33
Reply #5

woshilvba

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I'm sorry, I don't understand that...
Oh!My bad English!!