Author Topic: wood livingroom  (Read 8640 times)

2014-11-25, 11:35:17

pmcf1981

• Active Users
    • View Profile
hi guys

this is my last render , and i have some problems in carpet and in the wall (stone) canĀ“t find better way to do this ... i think is the textures but is hard to find carpet and displacement textures in internet ...

pedro ferreira

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
https://www.facebook.com/pedroferreira3d
« Last Edit: 2014-11-25, 16:50:00 by pmcf1981 »

2014-12-02, 13:27:42
Reply #1

pmcf1981

• Active Users
    • View Profile
hi guys ... :)

some post-production ( viscorbel video) with ..happy result :)

criticize

pedro ferreira

« Last Edit: 2014-12-02, 16:22:03 by pmcf1981 »

2014-12-02, 20:08:54
Reply #2

fabioazevedo

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi Pedro

Technically I think your work is quite good, and this image is proof of it.
We can always improve materials here and there (wood glossiness...), but I think where you could probably work to get more from your images (at least this one) is composition wise.
In my opinion it lacks depth and sense of space, which btw seems interesting enough to be more used to your advantage.
As for post-production, think more of it as an extent of your composition idea, so that it can answer to a specific purpose, and not just a way to make it look more real or natural - In this case it could compensate more the lack of contrast from the diffuse lighting.

Keep it up fellow compatriot ;)

2014-12-03, 12:03:25
Reply #3

pmcf1981

• Active Users
    • View Profile
hi fabioazevedo

in this scene i try to do poliform environment, using camera match and testing the light.
I like the environment although my have been very different, I appreciate the criticism and thank you :) I will attach  inspiration photo poliform.

pedro ferreira

2014-12-03, 13:11:43
Reply #4

fabioazevedo

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Oh, I didn't realise you had such a specific reference that you were trying to match.
It's very close then. Maybe my comment about contrast still applies... note how darker the shadows are in poliform's image.

2014-12-03, 13:16:33
Reply #5

pmcf1981

• Active Users
    • View Profile
yes :)  I'm trying to improve post prod ,inspiration photo have a lot photoshop :)

2014-12-03, 15:04:52
Reply #6

Adi

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Concrete ceiling could use a little bit of chamfer on the visible edge.
Nice image , i like it.

2014-12-03, 15:25:41
Reply #7

fabioazevedo

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I still wouldn't advise you to replicate other cg work, or even take it as reference for that matter, as your goal is lower than it could be right from the begining - whether it is to work on post-prod skills, materials, lighting or composition...
We have one of the best architecture photographers, copy him instead ;)

Regarding post-prod, know first what the image needs, and only then find whatever tool to achieve it. Even a simple curves correction can do wonders, because it's not about technique as much as it is about sensibility.
I personaly enjoy looking for video color-grading breakdowns, helps to understand the possibilities.
Hope it helps.

2014-12-03, 16:35:32
Reply #8

walterfog

• Active Users
    • View Profile
hi guys ... :)

some post-production ( viscorbel video) with ..happy result :)

criticize

pedro ferreira

hello Pedro... very nice work for me... could you tell me please exactly which viscorbel video you use for postproduction?
thanks a lot
best
walter

2014-12-03, 16:50:42
Reply #9

pmcf1981

• Active Users
    • View Profile
walterfog i saw some videos from

http://viscorbel.com/shop/postproduction/

is cheap and its cool ... in my case who do not know much PP..

:)

fabioazevedo i now :) is just test to pratice :)

2014-12-03, 16:57:12
Reply #10

walterfog

• Active Users
    • View Profile
walterfog i saw some videos from

http://viscorbel.com/shop/postproduction/

is cheap and its cool ... in my case who do not know much PP..

:)

fabioazevedo i now :) is just test to pratice :)

thanks a lot!!! very nice!!!

2014-12-03, 19:13:13
Reply #11

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
I still wouldn't advise you to replicate other cg work, or even take it as reference for that matter, as your goal is lower than it could be right from the begining - whether it is to work on post-prod skills, materials, lighting or composition...
We have one of the best architecture photographers, copy him instead ;)

That's a great advice actually, something I always say too. By referencing photography, you aim higher than referencing render.

But, are you refering to the "Poliform" image above.. ? Because that's photography. It's actually Minotti, not PF, and was shot by Federico Cedrone. https://www.behance.net/gallery/10814977/news12
There are some references to how he works, it has less post-production than people think, but lot of meticulous studio setup.

Last, credit should be always given.
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2014-12-03, 20:19:04
Reply #12

fabioazevedo

• Active Users
    • View Profile
You're absolutely right, thanks for the correction. I was on my phone when I answered the second time and I thought it was very good cg.
Will definitely check Cedrone's work!

2014-12-03, 20:25:58
Reply #13

pmcf1981

• Active Users
    • View Profile
my fault . I thought it was poliform..

i agree to ...

2014-12-03, 20:28:45
Reply #14

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
You're absolutely right, thanks for the correction. I was on my phone when I answered the second time and I thought it was very good cg.
Will definitely check Cedrone's work!

Plus this guy :- ) Lorenzo Pennati. Lot of these catalogue shoots seems were done together by them. Nice job.

Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2014-12-03, 20:59:53
Reply #15

fabioazevedo

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I had seen this a while back, maybe on Beckerman's page... it's brilliant, and very rare that we get to see these behind the scennes.
As an architect, and don't usually follow this side of the industry so much, but I appreciate the process of studio set work. I wish I could use it to create 1:1 scale models and test ideas ;) but cg will have to do!