Author Topic: CIE loading Post settings by default and saving regular exr. file problem's  (Read 5995 times)

2017-06-21, 13:07:47

denisgo22

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I think this thread is getting a bit chaotic. It would be great if you guys could report only the issues you have encountered in your posts, for example:
-EXR opens darker in Photoshop than in CIE
-Additional screenshots/files demonstrating the issue
And that would be the only content of your post.
That way it would be much easier for our developers to deal with the reports, and eventually provide with answers or solve the bugs.

Side not: I am using a free EXR-IO plugin to load EXRs in PS and I think it's really great, plus it has tutorials: http://www.exr-io.com/learning/
It also gets rid of that confusing "alpha channel as alpha" PS dialog.

Separate thread for this problem's:)
Even with this Plugin i get completely same result:)
----------------------------------------------------------
With saving exr. directly from corona VFB always Ok with Alpha Channel
see picture 4-----------
« Last Edit: 2017-06-21, 13:29:08 by denisgo22 »

2017-06-21, 13:18:07
Reply #1

denisgo22

• Active Users
    • View Profile
One TIP for CIE behavior...
Now CIE not correct for loading POST data settings from cxr. file by default /not only LUT settings, There is a suspicion that this applies to all settings in POST tab of VFB---I also found a problem with the filter sharpening/blurring ////
for full assurance that's all correct, exist possibility to save POST data to Corona Configuration file /conf./ from VFB and than loading them to CIE post data////

2017-06-21, 13:47:46
Reply #2

denisgo22

• Active Users
    • View Profile
A Problem i think that CIE not correct saving exr. Alpha data, because even loading exr. file in PS with option /NOT TRANSPARENT--ONLY Alpha mask/ this still having TRANSPARENT on Alpha
channel///
For full controlled saving process i propose to make something like 3dmax saving tab for exr. type files///
In this case exist option to saving exr. files without ALPHA channel at all, only RGB data//
Also making saving configuration tabs for all other types of bitmap files /JPEG,TIFF,BMP,PNG/ for controlling Compression,Channels and etc. parameters during saving process///
Which exist in each
normal application for Image Reduction--- include Viewers:)))

2017-06-21, 15:40:49
Reply #3

Ryuu

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Michal
    • View Profile
The bug where CIE loads post processing settings incorrectly is already fixed for next daily. We're planning to add more options for saving (16-bit TIFF support to begin with) in the near future.

2017-06-23, 19:47:18
Reply #4

denisgo22

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Last Daily Build from 22 2017///
1.With loading LUT and post process data always OK:)
2.With saving Regular exr. format same problem that was in previous versions even with using this plugin :( ///
------------------------------------------------------------

-------------------------------------------------------------
3.Problem with saving regular exr. with and without Bloom filter:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As can be seen from the above we can't using Regular Exr. files from CIE to work with this in PS or other's Image Editors, -------------only from VFB :(

« Last Edit: 2017-06-23, 20:22:47 by denisgo22 »

2017-06-24, 00:18:17
Reply #5

JoeVallard

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Joe Vallard
3.Problem with saving regular exr. with and without Bloom filter

Ty for this, I found a quick fix. The bloom is whats causing the issue with the export. If your not using bloom, just enable it and set the Bloom or Glare Intensity to 0.001 and export out as an EXR. In the EXR-IO settings, check the attached picture. My EXRs saved from CIE are now working correctly, and the 0.001 intensity isn't really noticeable.

2017-06-24, 14:08:14
Reply #6

denisgo22

• Active Users
    • View Profile
3.Problem with saving regular exr. with and without Bloom filter

Ty for this, I found a quick fix. The bloom is whats causing the issue with the export. If your not using bloom, just enable it and set the Bloom or Glare Intensity to 0.001 and export out as an EXR. In the EXR-IO settings, check the attached picture. My EXRs saved from CIE are now working correctly, and the 0.001 intensity isn't really noticeable.

I will try///
But basically it should not work like this trick's way :)))

2017-06-26, 14:50:26
Reply #7

mike288

• Active Users
  • Michal 'Mike' Wirth
    • View Profile
A Problem i think that CIE not correct saving exr. Alpha data, because even loading exr. file in PS with option /NOT TRANSPARENT--ONLY Alpha mask/ this still having TRANSPARENT on Alpha
channel///
For full controlled saving process i propose to make something like 3dmax saving tab for exr. type files///
In this case exist option to saving exr. files without ALPHA channel at all, only RGB data//
Also making saving configuration tabs for all other types of bitmap files /JPEG,TIFF,BMP,PNG/ for controlling Compression,Channels and etc. parameters during saving process///
Which exist in each
normal application for Image Reduction--- include Viewers:)))
Yes, it is one of known feature requests and it is planned to be done.
Chaos Scatter developer | In case of crash, please send minidump | Private uploader: https://corona-renderer.com/upload

2017-06-26, 14:53:55
Reply #8

mike288

• Active Users
  • Michal 'Mike' Wirth
    • View Profile
Thank you all for your posts. As written in the origin thread - https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php/topic,16497.msg104242.html#msg104242 - I have made a fix that should solve the alpha/transparency issues. It is being reviewed now and will be hopefully merged into next daily build. It would be great if you will be able to test the fix as it gets released. I will keep you informed in here.
Chaos Scatter developer | In case of crash, please send minidump | Private uploader: https://corona-renderer.com/upload

2017-06-26, 18:33:49
Reply #9

denisgo22

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thank you all for your posts. As written in the origin thread - https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php/topic,16497.msg104242.html#msg104242 - I have made a fix that should solve the alpha/transparency issues. It is being reviewed now and will be hopefully merged into next daily build. It would be great if you will be able to test the fix as it gets released. I will keep you informed in here.

Thanks very much for Corona Team, and especially for last amazing daily build and new DR on/off options/ and other's new features:))

2017-06-29, 18:56:51
Reply #10

mike288

• Active Users
  • Michal 'Mike' Wirth
    • View Profile

Hi again, new daily is out (2017-06-29) and the fix is there. Please, could you try it whether it fixes your issuses? Thank you.

2017-07-03, 15:26:01
Reply #11

mike288

• Active Users
  • Michal 'Mike' Wirth
    • View Profile
Hi,

to be consistent with 3ds Max and Cinema 4D we have decided to no longer premultiply RGB channels by alpha while saving EXRs in Corona Image Editor, Corona Standalone, and in VFB of Corona for Cinema4D. This should avoid the above reported "edge/window/etc. darkening while saving into EXR" issues.

This change does not affect the CXR format. The change will be probably incorporated into next daily build.

(The premultiplication is actually required by the EXR standard and we were just following it. But it has lead to misunderstandings because 3ds Max nor Cinema 4D do not do it, which is wrong, but expected by many users and other software.)

« Last Edit: 2017-07-03, 15:30:16 by mike288 »

2017-07-03, 18:22:51
Reply #12

denisgo22

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,

to be consistent with 3ds Max and Cinema 4D we have decided to no longer premultiply RGB channels by alpha while saving EXRs in Corona Image Editor, Corona Standalone, and in VFB of Corona for Cinema4D. This should avoid the above reported "edge/window/etc. darkening while saving into EXR" issues.

This change does not affect the CXR format. The change will be probably incorporated into next daily build.

(The premultiplication is actually required by the EXR standard and we were just following it. But it has lead to misunderstandings because 3ds Max nor Cinema 4D do not do it, which is wrong, but expected by many users and other software.)

Thanks for Corona Team:)