Author Topic: Corona image editor saved images gamma  (Read 18218 times)

2017-06-21, 05:34:42
Reply #15

JoeVallard

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Joe Vallard
Open CIE
Load CXR
Apply, Denoise, Apply Tone Mapping, and Add Bloom and Glare.
Save as "Regular EXR"
Open Photoshop
Select EXR
Load alpha as Alpha Channel

The exr is saving the post processing info, I just thought it wasn't previously because the scene just looked different, which looks like its cause by the Background HDRI issue.

I did end up doing a blank render in Max and saving a PNG with Alpha unchecked. Now PNGs match CIE image exactly, however for some odd reason the next render I tried, the png saving settings were randomly change. So I had to save another blank PNG in Max again.

I tried loading the EXR i saved from CIE, back into CIE and the background is still dark. However I loaded the EXR into Max as a bitmap, and it correct.

2017-06-21, 10:40:36
Reply #16

denisgo22

• Active Users
    • View Profile
One TIP for CIE behavior...
Now CIE not correct for loading POST data settings from cxr. file by default /not only LUT settings, There is a suspicion that this applies to all settings in POST tab of VFB---I also found a problem with the filter sharpening/blurring ////
for full assurance that's all correct, exist possibility to save POST data to Corona Configuration file /conf./ from VFB and than loading them to CIE post data////
« Last Edit: 2017-06-21, 10:45:13 by denisgo22 »

2017-06-21, 11:02:10
Reply #17

denisgo22

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Open CIE
Load CXR
Apply, Denoise, Apply Tone Mapping, and Add Bloom and Glare.
Save as "Regular EXR"
Open Photoshop
Select EXR
Load alpha as Alpha Channel

The exr is saving the post processing info, I just thought it wasn't previously because the scene just looked different, which looks like its cause by the Background HDRI issue.

I did end up doing a blank render in Max and saving a PNG with Alpha unchecked. Now PNGs match CIE image exactly, however for some odd reason the next render I tried, the png saving settings were randomly change. So I had to save another blank PNG in Max again.

I tried loading the EXR i saved from CIE, back into CIE and the background is still dark. However I loaded the EXR into Max as a bitmap, and it correct.

A Problem i think that CIE not correct saving exr. Alpha data, because even loading exr. file in PS with option /NOT TRANSPARENT--ONLY Alpha mask/ this still having TRANSPARENT on Alpha
channel///
For full controlled saving process i propose to make something like 3dmax saving tab for exr. type files///
In this case exist option to saving exr. files without ALPHA channel at all, only RGB data//
Also making saving configuration tabs for all other types of bitmap files /JPEG,TIFF,BMP,PNG/ for controlling Compression,Channels and etc. parameters during saving process///
Which exist in each
normal application for Image Reduction--- include Viewers:)))
« Last Edit: 2017-06-21, 11:09:25 by denisgo22 »

2017-06-21, 11:53:05
Reply #18

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
I think this thread is getting a bit chaotic. It would be great if you guys could report only the issues you have encountered in your posts, for example:
-EXR opens darker in Photoshop than in CIE
-Additional screenshots/files demonstrating the issue
And that would be the only content of your post.
That way it would be much easier for our developers to deal with the reports, and eventually provide with answers or solve the bugs.

Side not: I am using a free EXR-IO plugin to load EXRs in PS and I think it's really great, plus it has tutorials: http://www.exr-io.com/learning/
It also gets rid of that confusing "alpha channel as alpha" PS dialog.
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2017-06-21, 12:59:49
Reply #19

denisgo22

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I think this thread is getting a bit chaotic. It would be great if you guys could report only the issues you have encountered in your posts, for example:
-EXR opens darker in Photoshop than in CIE
-Additional screenshots/files demonstrating the issue
And that would be the only content of your post.
That way it would be much easier for our developers to deal with the reports, and eventually provide with answers or solve the bugs.

Side not: I am using a free EXR-IO plugin to load EXRs in PS and I think it's really great, plus it has tutorials: http://www.exr-io.com/learning/
It also gets rid of that confusing "alpha channel as alpha" PS dialog.

Even with this Plugin i get completely same result:)
« Last Edit: 2017-06-21, 13:03:57 by denisgo22 »

2017-06-23, 14:21:43
Reply #20

mike288

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Michal 'Mike' Wirth
    • View Profile
A Problem i think that CIE not correct saving exr. Alpha data, because even loading exr. file in PS with option /NOT TRANSPARENT--ONLY Alpha mask/ this still having TRANSPARENT on Alpha
channel///
For full controlled saving process i propose to make something like 3dmax saving tab for exr. type files///
In this case exist option to saving exr. files without ALPHA channel at all, only RGB data//
Also making saving configuration tabs for all other types of bitmap files /JPEG,TIFF,BMP,PNG/ for controlling Compression,Channels and etc. parameters during saving process///
Which exist in each
normal application for Image Reduction--- include Viewers:)))

Yes, it is one of known feature requests and it is planned to be done.
Chaos Scatter developer | In case of crash, please send minidump | Private uploader: https://corona-renderer.com/upload

2017-06-23, 14:36:33
Reply #21

mike288

• Active Users
  • Michal 'Mike' Wirth
    • View Profile
Thank you all for your posts. It took some time to dig in.

I have made a fix that should solve at least some of the alpha/transparency issues. It is being reviewed now and will be hopefully merged into next daily build. It would be great if you will be able to test the fix as it gets released. I will keep you informed in here.

I have still no idea, why display in CIE/VFB seems a little bit less contrast than EXR loaded to PS. So stay tuned!
« Last Edit: 2017-06-23, 14:55:04 by mike288 »
Chaos Scatter developer | In case of crash, please send minidump | Private uploader: https://corona-renderer.com/upload

2017-06-23, 14:59:13
Reply #22

mike288

• Active Users
  • Michal 'Mike' Wirth
    • View Profile
Now CIE not correct for loading POST data settings from cxr. file by default /not only LUT settings, There is a suspicion that this applies to all settings in POST tab of VFB---I also found a problem with the filter sharpening/blurring ////
for full assurance that's all correct, exist possibility to save POST data to Corona Configuration file /conf./ from VFB and than loading them to CIE post data////
Hi, are you referring to the last daily build (2017-06-22)? If yes, could you please share a CXR that is not being loaded properly? Please use the private uploader for that: https://corona-renderer.com/upload/. Thank you.
« Last Edit: 2017-06-26, 14:02:03 by mike288 »

2017-06-23, 17:45:49
Reply #23

denisgo22

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi, are you referring to the last daily build (2017-06-22)? If yes, could you please share a CXR that is not being loaded properly? Pleas use the private uploader for that: https://corona-renderer.com/upload/. Thank you.

This is was old post for Previous version's, BEFORE last Daily from 2017-06-22///
What happened in last Daily I have not yet tested:)

2017-06-26, 14:01:44
Reply #24

mike288

• Active Users
  • Michal 'Mike' Wirth
    • View Profile
This is was old post for Previous version's, BEFORE last Daily from 2017-06-22///
Please, try the latest daily then. There were fixed some bugs regarding loading postprocessing settings from CXR files ...

2017-06-26, 18:55:23
Reply #25

denisgo22

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Please, try the latest daily then. There were fixed some bugs regarding loading postprocessing settings from CXR files ...

Testing//
With loading post settings from VBF to CIE by default always OK :)
Thanks for work:)

2017-06-26, 19:09:36
Reply #26

mike288

• Active Users
  • Michal 'Mike' Wirth
    • View Profile
Testing//
With loading post settings from VBF to CIE by default always OK :)
Thanks for work:)

Great. :-) Thank you too.

2017-06-29, 18:54:54
Reply #27

mike288

• Active Users
  • Michal 'Mike' Wirth
    • View Profile
Thank you all for your posts. It took some time to dig in.

I have made a fix that should solve at least some of the alpha/transparency issues. It is being reviewed now and will be hopefully merged into next daily build. It would be great if you will be able to test the fix as it gets released. I will keep you informed in here.

I have still no idea, why display in CIE/VFB seems a little bit less contrast than EXR loaded to PS. So stay tuned!

Hi again, new daily is out (2017-06-29) and the fix is there. Please, could you try it whether it fixes your issuses? Thank you.

2017-06-30, 11:11:21
Reply #28

James

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Jamesmadethis.com
The problem I'm having is:

-Save CEXR from VFB.
-Open in CIE - all looks the same as in VFB (except Masking ID - see end*)
-Save from CIE to regular exrs
-Open regular exrs in photoshop with ProExr in photoshop
-Exposure is much higher in photoshop for Beauty - all other elements seem the same as in CIE
-Using an 'exposure' layer set to -1 corrects the exposure exactly when in 32bits. Then have to flatten to new layer and continue working as normal

*Also CIE applies the tone mapping to the Masking_ID element - really annoying! Cant imagine why anyone would want that? never had that happen in the VFB I don't think.

2017-06-30, 18:56:11
Reply #29

mike288

• Active Users
  • Michal 'Mike' Wirth
    • View Profile
The problem I'm having is:

-Save CEXR from VFB.
-Open in CIE - all looks the same as in VFB (except Masking ID - see end*)
-Save from CIE to regular exrs
-Open regular exrs in photoshop with ProExr in photoshop
-Exposure is much higher in photoshop for Beauty - all other elements seem the same as in CIE
-Using an 'exposure' layer set to -1 corrects the exposure exactly when in 32bits. Then have to flatten to new layer and continue working as normal
Are you using the latest daily build from 29th of June? If not, try that please because it could be fixed there. If the latest build behaves the same, could you please upload the CXR file? Use the private uploader: https://corona-renderer.com/upload/. Thank you.

*Also CIE applies the tone mapping to the Masking_ID element - really annoying! Cant imagine why anyone would want that? never had that happen in the VFB I don't think.
Yes, it is a known limitation of the editor. It is planned to be handled properly in 1.7.