Author Topic: yVR - multiplatform 360 realtime render viewer  (Read 3527 times)

2017-05-23, 16:16:42

Artur Leao

• Users
    • View Profile
yVR v1.0 has been released!

yVR is a new multiplatform tool that allows you to view your mono and stereo 360 renders directly on your device either in 360 or cardboard mode. yVR works locally for artists that want to see their work directly on their final medium or across the internet to showcase to clients and get fast and efficient feedback on 360 projects.

yVR Client for iOS and Android downloads are available in the stores. yVR Client for PC and WebGL are included in the installer.

Available for 50€

Check out our interview in Corona blog with more details and cool videos!

https://corona-renderer.com/blog/yvr-from-you-can-do-it-vfx

2017-05-24, 05:35:22
Reply #1

arqrenderz

• Active Users
  • https://www.behance.net/Arqrenderz1
    • View Profile
    • arqrenderz
Support for the samsung gear vr would be nice!
I have tried a couple of altervatives but the fov is too limited (if some one knows a good pair of vr glasses with the inmersivness of the gear vr let me know!)

2017-05-24, 10:48:09
Reply #2

Jpjapers

• Active Users
    • View Profile
yVR v1.0 has been released!

yVR is a new multiplatform tool that allows you to view your mono and stereo 360 renders directly on your device either in 360 or cardboard mode. yVR works locally for artists that want to see their work directly on their final medium or across the internet to showcase to clients and get fast and efficient feedback on 360 projects.

yVR Client for iOS and Android downloads are available in the stores. yVR Client for PC and WebGL are included in the installer.

Available for 50€

Check out our interview in Corona blog with more details and cool videos!

https://corona-renderer.com/blog/yvr-from-you-can-do-it-vfx

<snip>

It looks fantastic but im getting nowhere with it, just error dumps.
Ive emailed one aqcross to you guys but it happens every time.
Im really looking forward to trying this.

2017-05-24, 19:44:58
Reply #3

Artur Leao

• Users
    • View Profile
I have tried a couple of altervatives but the fov is too limited (if some one knows a good pair of vr glasses with the inmersivness of the gear vr let me know!)

I have BozoVR 3, very cheap, good quality.

We will support GearVR, we're just wrapping up the current platforms. Oculus store submissions are a bit of a pain.

2017-05-24, 19:46:42
Reply #4

Artur Leao

• Users
    • View Profile

Yeap, I know! We've been talking all day, sorry about that but previous Max versions to 2016 are a pain when it comes to dealing with some conversion types. Either way you can always use your device or the standalone client (and I'm glad that the device setup got solved!)

Cheers.

2017-05-24, 20:39:43
Reply #5

JoeVallard

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Joe Vallard

There is an app "Cardboard For Gear VR" that lets you use Gear VR as if it were a Cardboard. It lets you toggle between Cardboard and the Gear VR setup.

2017-05-25, 12:05:23
Reply #6

Jpjapers

• Active Users
    • View Profile

Yeap, I know! We've been talking all day, sorry about that but previous Max versions to 2016 are a pain when it comes to dealing with some conversion types. Either way you can always use your device or the standalone client (and I'm glad that the device setup got solved!)

Cheers.

Just a shoutout to the yVR Dev team. This guy has been remotely in my pc trying to debug all morning today. Really helpful stuff and a good pairing with corona i think. The devs here are just as helpful! Great service for sure and a great product!