Author Topic: cVFB Behavior during IR, Options?  (Read 3291 times)

2017-05-10, 17:01:32

apjasko

• Active Users
    • View Profile
The Corona VFB is designed to increase window size to the fit the render size, depending on the zoom. This is great when I'm running a production rendering, but I very frequently zoom in to focus sampling on a small area during IR. When I click back in the VFB after modifying something in the viewport, my window expands to a huge size to fit the zoomed render and restarts the IR. At a size that spans multiple monitors, commonly the rendering jumps to ~3k-4k wide. It's extremely frustrating. Is there a way to disable this in IR or do I just need to be more careful not to click inside the VFB?

2017-05-11, 16:24:27
Reply #1

ikercito

• Active Users
    • View Profile
+1 for this. I also dont like the window expanding, I prefer the old behaviour.

2017-05-11, 17:29:57
Reply #2

Frood

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Rakete GmbH
When I click back in the VFB after modifying something in the viewport, my window expands to a huge size to fit the zoomed render

This sounds more like a bug, the size adjustment as you described it should only happen if you *double*click inside the VFB, not by just entering/single clicking it. You don´t have any special software installed or a faulty mouse/driver which fires a doubleclick instead of a single one, have you? :)

Good Luck

Never underestimate the power of a well placed level one spell.

2017-05-11, 20:33:13
Reply #3

JoeVallard

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Joe Vallard
+1 for this. I also dont like the window expanding, I prefer the old behaviour.

Same here, i preferred when the toolbar expanded out, instead of in.

2017-05-12, 10:56:09
Reply #4

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
When I click back in the VFB after modifying something in the viewport, my window expands to a huge size to fit the zoomed render

This sounds more like a bug, the size adjustment as you described it should only happen if you *double*click inside the VFB, not by just entering/single clicking it. You don´t have any special software installed or a faulty mouse/driver which fires a doubleclick instead of a single one, have you? :)

Good Luck
this - it should resize only on double click. CAn you clarify the issue? as frood suggested?
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2017-07-17, 19:16:43
Reply #5

bastille

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studiosezz
+1 for this too. Is there a way to lock the size of the VFB ?
studiosezz // Paris
www.studiosezz.com

2017-07-17, 19:23:16
Reply #6

PROH

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I too would definitely prefere the VFB to expand out instead of resizing inwards when f.x. turning "tools" on/off. When using IR the present behavior makes the IR restart when turning "tools" on. Not great!

2017-07-17, 19:36:17
Reply #7

apjasko

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Late response - I think my mouse sometimes double-clicks on a single click. I have experienced the VFB functioning properly but more often than not my single lcicks when zoomed result in a jump in VFB size. I'd say assume this is an issue with my system. We do use a software that keeps our mouse moving to prevent the screensaver from coming on, this very well could interfere with normal mouse function.