Author Topic: Improve responsiveness of the color selector  (Read 3678 times)

2020-01-10, 11:37:13

JoachimArt

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • JoachimArt
I have a request/question, though I do not know if it is possible or limitations to 3ds Max. 
I have noticed that the Corona Color Selector is significantly slower than the original 3ds Max color selector. It almost seems like it requires a ton of computer power even to slide a color bar because it is so slow. Is it possible to improve the responsiveness?

2020-01-10, 11:50:46
Reply #1

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Yes, slugishness is the main weakness of Corona colour picker. This has been reported though. https://forum.corona-renderer.com/index.php?topic=22887.0
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2020-03-08, 21:48:26
Reply #2

JoachimArt

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • JoachimArt
I'm so glad to see this has been added on the roadmap for the nest update!! Yippee! A lot of good features to look forward to with the next update.

I was also super happy when I saw that a curvature map was added to the roadmap, but a bit bummed when it was moved back into Big pool of ideas again. If any of the corona guys reading this, I put my vote in on putting that one back into plan for next release ;)

2020-03-09, 11:52:34
Reply #3

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
The interesting thing is that for me the Corona Picker from V6 dailies is much faster than the one from V5, although there were no specific fixes for this included in V6 yet. :) It could be a side effect of something else.
You can also try these things listed under point 5 which are known to improve general 3ds Max ui responsiveness in some cases:
https://coronarenderer.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/12000011479
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2020-03-09, 12:07:55
Reply #4

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
I can confirm that Corona colour picker is much much more responsive in V6 than it was before. It's day and night difference!
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2020-03-09, 20:52:21
Reply #5

JoachimArt

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • JoachimArt
THat's good news! I have not tested, since I use a lot of render farms and such daily builds for me isn't something I can use, but will definitely test it out :)