Author Topic: Corona 3 Release License Question  (Read 19445 times)

2019-01-07, 18:09:49

BigAl3D

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Wow, I thought this was happening later this year. Great news. One question though, let's say we buy two seats, but both artists are busy on other, non-C4D projects. Can one of those seat be used by a third artist on another computer temporarily? Otherwise, the project will have to wait until one of the two systems are available or have to buy a new seat just for a couple of small jobs.

Thanks.
« Last Edit: 2019-01-07, 21:13:46 by BigAl3D »

2019-01-07, 19:52:12
Reply #1

jojorender

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I also have a licensing question. 
I just bought C 3 but didn't yet activate it. Once i activate Corona 3, will I be able to go back to Beta 2 stable if I need to?

2019-01-07, 21:30:31
Reply #2

Nejc Kilar

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My personal website
Wow, I thought this was happening later this year. Great news. One question though, let's say we buy two seats, but both artists are busy on other, non-C4D projects. Can one of those seat be used by a third artist on another computer temporarily? Otherwise, the project will have to wait until one of the two systems are available or have to buy a new seat just for a couple of small jobs.

Thanks.

You'll see that when you go to the buy page that it says "Floating License". What that means is that you can essentially move that license to whatever workstation you'd like as long as its only running on that computer - So basically you can use it anywhere and you can move it around freely you just can't use one license to run two workstations.
Nejc Kilar | chaos-corona.com
Educational Content Creator | contact us

2019-01-07, 23:02:26
Reply #3

ozwald

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hello friends, happy year for everyone.
Great news to know that we already have Corona ready and without errors.

However!! I have 2 doubts
Excuse my ignorance on this subject ..... what are the nodes?
I see that there are licenses with 3 nodes, 5 nodes and 10 nodes.

Another question I have is ...
I have 2 computers, in one I do all the work, modeling, lighting ... etc, and when the work is already approved, I pass it to the other computer to render it.
This to not stop my work and keep doing other scenes.

Which license do you recommend to buy?

2019-01-07, 23:45:13
Reply #4

Nejc Kilar

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My personal website
Hello :) I guess I'm acting like a support guy today, ha! :) The workstation license is where you have c4d opened and you are using Corona in Cinema 4D, like the UI and stuff.

The nodes refer to render nodes. So basically if you have 1 workstation license and 3 nodes you can work in c4d with Corona and you can have 3 machines rendering without actually using the UI - So thats for things like Team Render and DR in general.

Hope that helps.

2019-01-08, 07:48:35
Reply #5

iacdxb

• Active Users
  • 3D Deisgner
    • View Profile
    • www.behance.net/iacdxb
I have also one question....

Got Corona 3, installed at home WS but not installed yet in office. Can I use Corona on both machines while one is in render...?

Thanks.
Windows, Cinema 4D 2023.

2019-01-08, 15:04:03
Reply #6

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
I have also one question....

Got Corona 3, installed at home WS but not installed yet in office. Can I use Corona on both machines while one is in render...?

Thanks.

Not if it is running in Workstation mode to render, ie if C4D proper is open and rendering. You'd have to render using the C4D Client and not in the full Cinema 4D, using Team Render should be possible to use the web manager submission system for Team Render to send the rendering to the C4D client without needing Cinema 4D proper running, then you can close C4D proper and so not be using the Workstation license.
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2019-01-08, 15:07:14
Reply #7

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
I have 2 computers, in one I do all the work, modeling, lighting ... etc, and when the work is already approved, I pass it to the other computer to render it.

So long as you are using Cinema 4D Client and Team Render to render on the second machine, just a standard single license of 1 WS + 3 Nodes would work. The Workstation would let you run Cinema 4D with Corona on the main machine, then you could submit to the C4D client which would be one of the 3 render nodes licenses that you have (see previous post just before this one - just like there, your second machine would have to be NOT running Cinema 4D in full mode, as that would require a second Workstation license to do).
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2019-01-08, 16:34:32
Reply #8

ozwald

• Active Users
    • View Profile
It would be nice to have a renderer for other computers, in this way while the other computer renders in which we have installed a crown we can continue working in other scenes.
It can be a system that only renders and does not allow modifications.

It would be something spectacular that other rendering engines do not have.
It can make the difference of Corona to the other render engines.

Because it would not be profitable to buy 2 licenses, and use only one to render.

Well, it's my opinion.
Some of us can not waste time while the machine renders

2019-01-08, 16:43:54
Reply #9

Nejc Kilar

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • My personal website
It would be nice to have a renderer for other computers, in this way while the other computer renders in which we have installed a crown we can continue working in other scenes.
It can be a system that only renders and does not allow modifications.

It would be something spectacular that other rendering engines do not have.
It can make the difference of Corona to the other render engines.

Because it would not be profitable to buy 2 licenses, and use only one to render.

Well, it's my opinion.
Some of us can not waste time while the machine renders

This can probably be done via the command line version of C4D. I presume that one will stay in render node mode. Would be interesting to know. Tom? :)

2019-01-08, 16:55:16
Reply #10

iacdxb

• Active Users
  • 3D Deisgner
    • View Profile
    • www.behance.net/iacdxb

So long as you are using Cinema 4D Client and Team Render to render on the second machine, just a standard single license of 1 WS + 3 Nodes would work. The Workstation would let you run Cinema 4D with Corona on the main machine, then you could submit to the C4D client which would be one of the 3 render nodes licenses that you have (see previous post just before this one - just like there, your second machine would have to be NOT running Cinema 4D in full mode, as that would require a second Workstation license to do).

Seems complicated answer, and goes around me....! I think it will help you in easy reply.
I have one system Mac pro at home and iMac in my small office. there is no render system, both system for work and render. Mostly I do renders at night. If I am at home do from home , if in office do from office. Do I need two licenses...? if It is, I am sorry for that....!

Even can not use if both systems are in different locations...?

Windows, Cinema 4D 2023.

2019-01-08, 17:13:37
Reply #11

houska

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Cestmir Houska
    • View Profile
I also have a licensing question. 
I just bought C 3 but didn't yet activate it. Once i activate Corona 3, will I be able to go back to Beta 2 stable if I need to?

Hi, I wonder why would you need to go to Beta 2? Is there a bug that Beta 2 didn't have? If so, we'll fix it ASAP. Corona 3 is the new stable version for C4D currently. I saw in the other thread that you have issues with the Image editor. We're looking at it right now...

But to answer your question: Activation of Corona 3 will not influence, whether you can go back to Beta 2 or not. The reason is that they have a separate licencing. Be warned though, that Beta 2 will stop working after 21th of February (45 days after the release of the commercial version).

2019-01-08, 17:37:55
Reply #12

Marvey

• Active Users
    • View Profile
seems a lot of us are in the same situation…. i use 2 cinema4d in 2 diferente computers but only working in one and render in other… 

2019-01-08, 17:58:53
Reply #13

ozwald

• Active Users
    • View Profile
seems a lot of us are in the same situation…. i use 2 cinema4d in 2 diferente computers but only working in one and render in other…

That's right, in many cases clients do not wait and jobs must be delivered quickly.
Waiting for the render to finish with another scene is not a good option.
2 computers, one to work, create scenes and another to render.
it is the ideal.

If Corona creates a system that only makes the render it would be spectacular.

It can be a license with installation in a single computer, but with a rendering system in other computers, without using the resources of the computer where it was installed.

Corona would be the first to do it, it would be great.

2019-01-08, 18:12:37
Reply #14

houska

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Cestmir Houska
    • View Profile
Seems complicated answer, and goes around me....! I think it will help you in easy reply.
I have one system Mac pro at home and iMac in my small office. there is no render system, both system for work and render. Mostly I do renders at night. If I am at home do from home , if in office do from office. Do I need two licenses...? if It is, I am sorry for that....!

Even can not use if both systems are in different locations...?

Imran, as long as you run only one C4D at a time, you only need one License. But two full copies of Cinema4D (so not just a team render client) running at the same time, even if one is only rendering, will need two licenses, I'm afraid.