Author Topic: Corona for C4D Alpha 6 RC2 released!  (Read 7167 times)

2016-11-11, 17:49:12

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile

Corona for C4D Alpha 6 Release Candidate 2 is out! Bloom & Glare and LUTs now working in post, LightMix support for Sun and Sky, fixed Projector shader - read more on the blog post at:

https://corona-renderer.com/blog/corona-for-c4d-alpha-6-rc2-released/

(Next up will be RC3, with a focus on the reports of bugs and crashes from Mantis and here on the forum).

Thanks!
   Tom
« Last Edit: 2016-11-11, 17:54:47 by maru »
Tom Grimes | chaos-corona.com
Product Manager | contact us

2016-11-21, 15:33:55
Reply #1

grimm

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi, it looks like everytime o open project, camera settings are changed to default values.

2016-11-21, 16:44:23
Reply #2

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
Would be worth searching the C4D bugs section and if not already listed, post there - there or Mantis (https://corona-renderer.com/bugs), but not both places, are the best place to report bugs as they are then most visible to the devs :) Thanks!

2016-11-28, 17:58:29
Reply #3

Gr100

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi, i noticed multi-pass is in the effects section of the rendering settings but corona is only rendering out 1 single pass, am i missing somthing?

2016-11-28, 18:01:48
Reply #4

TomG

• Administrator
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
The Multipass settings for Corona are in their own location, accessed via the Corona menu, screengrab attached!

Hope this helps!

2016-11-28, 23:40:50
Reply #5

Rhodesy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Tom do you think the multipass tick box at the bottom should be on by default? Its caught me out a few times where I have set all my passes and forgot to switch the checkbox on right at the bottom to activate it? Its a great feature to be able to switch everything on and off quickly but it would make more sense to me that it was on as standard as it will be rendering the beauty pass anyway so no difference if someone didnt want any passes.

2016-11-29, 01:00:19
Reply #6

Gr100

• Active Users
    • View Profile
The Multipass settings for Corona are in their own location, accessed via the Corona menu, screengrab attached!

Hope this helps!

Hi, thanks for your quick respense, i actually found it right after posting the question. Thanks anyway.

2016-11-29, 09:54:24
Reply #7

Allertaler

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi,
Cinema crashes when I open a corona material and select the bump channel and there is a noise shader. A bitmap in the bump channel is not a problem, only a noise shader leads to crashes. This occurs in both R17 and R18. Even if all other plugins have been removed, there is no improvement. This problem also occurs with A6 RC3.

I reported this problem too in the bug tracker.

2016-12-08, 08:41:03
Reply #8

Allertaler

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Cinema crashes when I open a corona material and select the bump channel and there is a noise shader. A bitmap in the bump channel is not a problem, only a noise shader leads to crashes. This occurs in both R17 and R18. Even if all other plugins have been removed, there is no improvement. This problem also occurs with A6 RC3.

Since 2 days, Cinema is no longer crashing. I did not make any changes in Cinema (plugins etc.). It sounds absurd, but since my antivirus software (Kaspersky) got an update, the problem does not occur anymore. Is this a coincidence?

2016-12-12, 14:05:28
Reply #9

Nikola

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
    • View Profile

Since 2 days, Cinema is no longer crashing. I did not make any changes in Cinema (plugins etc.). It sounds absurd, but since my antivirus software (Kaspersky) got an update, the problem does not occur anymore. Is this a coincidence?

Hi, no it is not a coincidence, we found that some anti-virus/spyware software affects Cinema 4D and as a result Corona (which runs under the Cinema) too. We found that problem for Web Companion tool so another tool is Kaspersky antivirus as you wrote. We will try to find a way how to avoid this interference.

2016-12-13, 16:09:21
Reply #10

Allertaler

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Many thanks. Is there such a long time a workflow?

2016-12-13, 22:50:55
Reply #11

Tanuki

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Resolve ProductLab
I've noticed that when I render to viewport, with corona VBF selected in render options, the corona VBF pops up when I kill the viewport render. Is this intentional?. it seems a bit odd.