Author Topic: Selection through glass via CMasking  (Read 4467 times)

2014-05-19, 07:39:19

jungsoo83

• Active Users
    • View Profile
hi,

I was wondering if you could get a selection behind a glass object through CMasking passes?

For example, in the attachment are two images with render + material selection pass for compositing.

What settings do I need to change in order to select the teapot behind the glass object and change its color in compositing program?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
Jung

2014-05-19, 09:36:33
Reply #1

juang3d

• Active Users
    • View Profile
The only way I've been able to achieve this in the past (with other renderers) is creating a pass manually, where you left the glass with it's glass material but without any reflection, just refraction, everything else in black and the desired object in white, try to eliminate any GI, bouncing or similar to avoid the teapot to emit light, enable self illumination and that's it.

I'm not sure this can be done in Corona, becuase it's unbiased nature, but it's probably possible reducing bounces and such things, I did it in the past with iRay, so it should be possible in Corona, but it's a manually created pass, nothing with render elements.

Cheers.

2014-05-19, 13:45:59
Reply #2

johan belmans

• Primary Certified Instructor
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
    • belly.be
HI,

I always render two MatID passes.
One with and one without glass enabled.

cheers

belly

2014-05-19, 23:18:13
Reply #3

fco3d

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Oh man ...  I was just about to do the same question, so there is no way to get an ID mat for any elements behind glass materials?
I already tried all Glass modes and the alpha still shows solid and Mats ID too. Nothing like V-Ray multimatts that keep the transparency values?

2014-05-20, 18:32:19
Reply #4

fco3d

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Mr developer? :)
is there any way to select materials ID though glass? if not this will be addresses in the near future?
I already  to switched from Cinema 4d to Max in some projects only to use Corona, please don't let me down :p

Thanks

2014-05-20, 18:44:12
Reply #5

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
it is planned. No timeframe yet though.
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2014-05-21, 03:19:23
Reply #6

fco3d

• Active Users
    • View Profile