Author Topic: Which modeling software is more suitable for modeling?  (Read 2291 times)

2017-06-08, 10:26:49

fa2020

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi everyone,
I like to model objects like computer mouse, keyboard, motherboard along with its chips, knife, pistol (and other types of guns), shoes, clock, radio, camera, etc. I know that for organic models, Zbrush is the cutting edge but what about these objects which I aim to model. I have a good ability in Rhino but whether it's a good idea to use Rhino for all of them. What about Modo or Cinema 4D? Which one is easier to model those objects? I don't have any skill in Cinema 4D or Modo. Is it worth to learn Cinema 4D? Can it be better and easier than Rhino?
Please Guide me.
Of Course, When I use Rhino, I export my model into 3ds max and Render it using Corona.
Thanks.

2017-06-08, 11:08:48
Reply #1

clemens_at

• Active Users
    • View Profile
if you want to stick to polymodeling definitely give modo a go.
it has been a while since i used it but i remember it beeing very intuitive, fast and fun to work with.

2017-06-08, 11:43:17
Reply #2

fa2020

• Active Users
    • View Profile
if you want to stick to polymodeling definitely give modo a go.
it has been a while since i used it but i remember it beeing very intuitive, fast and fun to work with.
Does polymodeling have any advantage over Rhino's NURB modeling?

2017-06-08, 12:43:05
Reply #3

lacilaci

• Active Users
    • View Profile
You control the surface with it's topology and you can completely reshape object without worrying about continuity breaks... However the result of SubD is an aproximate interpolated surface between vertices(like control points in cad) so it's not like in rhino/alias where you have full and exact control over shapes and surface edges and radiuses and whatnot...

Modo has some tools that allow to do some filleting/trimming in a similar fashion as in surface modeling I think, or was it a plug-in for modo?? Don't remember...

Still, it all comes down to what exactly are you going to model, and what surface quality do you need in the end...