Author Topic: Daily Builds 1.7  (Read 169588 times)

2017-10-13, 11:33:22
Reply #765

subpixelsk

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • johny.mrazko.visualization
Hi. The changelog for RC8 says:
"Turned off flipping green in normal maps of some fabric and leather materials in Material Library (material data will be redownloaded)."

If I understand this correct, the changes is only in the materials, and NOT in the textures, so couldn't we possible only download and replace the matlib-file instead of the full material package?

I installed the RC8 with the use of a previously dowloaded material package, and can't see any changes, but I can easily make these changes myself, if you can be more accurate about them. I believe that "flipping green" should be OFF in all Leather materials using normal maps, and that the same goes for "Fabric Velvet Crushed" (just like it is originally in "Fabric Velvet"). Is that correct?

Regards

Hi

it changes only the material setup, not the texture itself you are right. Flip green should be turned off for all materials using normal maps :)

2017-10-13, 13:15:56
Reply #766

Ryuu

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
  • Michal
    • View Profile
I just went back to RC5 because RC8 felt very unstable. combined with how unstable max18 still is, it was very frustrating.

Whenever you encounter any crash, please report it with minidump attached. Unreported bugs usually have a pretty low chance of being fixed :)

2017-10-13, 13:29:38
Reply #767

ArchSpideR

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Rc8.
in the rendering process, the mouse cursor freezes during the movement, at the first 3 passes, while the initial rendering of the render takes place.

2017-10-14, 02:46:15
Reply #768

Dan Rodgers

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I am having sporadic noise level values during my render, instead of the noise level gradually decreasing over time I am getting jumps up of up to 1%.  I'm currently rendering a pretty heavy scene and my noise level has gone from 4 to 3.5 to 2.8 and then jumped back up to 3.5 then to 3.25 etc.  This has happened a few times throughout the render.  I have my system set to autosave  .cxr's at intervals, but I'm not sure if the noise jump correlate to when these are being saved out.

not a biggie, but prob still worth mentioning...

2017-10-14, 10:13:01
Reply #769

denisgo22

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I am having sporadic noise level values during my render, instead of the noise level gradually decreasing over time I am getting jumps up of up to 1%.  I'm currently rendering a pretty heavy scene and my noise level has gone from 4 to 3.5 to 2.8 and then jumped back up to 3.5 then to 3.25 etc.  This has happened a few times throughout the render.  I have my system set to autosave  .cxr's at intervals, but I'm not sure if the noise jump correlate to when these are being saved out.

I am having same problem when i using DR///
With first update from DR I get upper level of noise, and than during rendering process--- this level lowering///
Also DR rendering not working correctly with Corona region, especially with using region and  resuming render from exr. file in same time/
DR slaves continue rendering image out of region, and ruins ready part of image out of region//

2017-10-14, 18:54:22
Reply #770

Jens

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Ikonoform
I'm getting weird results in my CMasking_ID render element when I have DR enabled. Happens in all my scenes with RC7 Build and DR enabled. All is fine without DR. Think it was there in RC6 too, but figured it must've been a specific scene. Not the case. (haven't tried RC8 yet). See attached :)
My small 3D model shop: www.ikonoform.com/shop
My arch viz blog: www.ikonoform.com/blog

2017-10-14, 18:58:53
Reply #771

thilima

• Primary Certified Instructor
  • Active Users
    • View Profile

Same here, since the New Sampler was implemented (since build 09/14 if I remember well)

Sometimes the render is almost finished, like 98% done but still rendering for a very long time until is finished, due to this crazy noise level variation. (specially in heavy scenes)

2017-10-16, 03:18:52
Reply #772

Dan Rodgers

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Using Max 2016 (not sure about other versions)...  When opening scenes that were originally created with Corona 1.5 the 2D Pan and Zoom function is missing for the [ + ] options in viewport.  If I ad 2D pan and zoom to my quads I get a missing plugin message.

Checked on a few scenes I created at the beginning on the year and had the same outcome on all of them.  I can merge everything into a new file to fix it, but if i merge my render settings the problem is brought over to the new file.

this is with RC7, I'll try 8 tonight and see if the problem has gone
« Last Edit: 2017-10-16, 03:24:07 by dantrodgers »

2017-10-16, 11:38:31
Reply #773

rozpustelnik

• Active Users
    • View Profile
How far we are from official release? (trying to push animation on renderfarm, but cannot since they don't support hair&fur and skin mtl yet)

2017-10-16, 11:41:08
Reply #774

DKulakov

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Please correct clipping.

2017-10-16, 13:36:23
Reply #775

Artisticpixel

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • artisticpixel
HI.

Using i.7 RC8 on a Windows 7 Dual Xeon E5-2698 v4 2.2GHz with 128 GB memory installed and the CPU usage when rendering is sitting at 3-5% usage. This image is nowhere near renderable on this machine. Had this issue about 7 months ago from one of the releases and took ages for a daily build to fix it. Now it has come back again. Incredibly frustrating!!

2017-10-16, 14:07:47
Reply #776

Ryuu

• Active Users
  • Michal
    • View Profile
HI.

Using i.7 RC8 on a Windows 7 Dual Xeon E5-2698 v4 2.2GHz with 128 GB memory installed and the CPU usage when rendering is sitting at 3-5% usage. This image is nowhere near renderable on this machine. Had this issue about 7 months ago from one of the releases and took ages for a daily build to fix it. Now it has come back again. Incredibly frustrating!!

Do you have a photometric light in your scene by any chance?

2017-10-16, 14:28:41
Reply #777

Artisticpixel

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • artisticpixel
Yes I am using one from the installed folder of Corona. When I had this issue last time it happened with files that had and didn’t have ies used.

2017-10-16, 14:56:08
Reply #778

Ryuu

• Active Users
  • Michal
    • View Profile
Quote from: Known bugs and limitations
3ds Max native photometric lights do not scale well with multi-processor systems and therefore may introduce significant performance drop.
Solution: remove the photometric lights, or replace them with Corona lights.

You can find the rest of known bugs and limitations in the Freshdesk article

2017-10-16, 15:10:39
Reply #779

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Maybe it would be better decission to drop support for photometric lights altogether?
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures