Author Topic: 1.6 DR  (Read 33620 times)

2017-03-09, 15:07:49
Reply #45

Dionysios.TS

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Evolvia Imaging
Sure.

Here they are... (Attached)

2017-03-09, 15:53:41
Reply #46

Pixel Folks

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Pixel Folks
I don't know if somebody already mentioned it but I can´t rescale or resize the corona vfb on a 4K monitor.

2017-03-09, 15:55:33
Reply #47

Dionysios.TS

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Evolvia Imaging
I don't know if somebody already mentioned it but I can´t rescale or resize the corona vfb on a 4K monitor.

I post about it a lot of times... Unfortunately I have the same problem and is sooooooo hard to work on a preview of 600px    -.-

2017-03-09, 16:02:18
Reply #48

Pixel Folks

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Pixel Folks

I post about it a lot of times... Unfortunately I have the same problem and is sooooooo hard to work on a preview of 600px    -.-

I know it so frustrating!!! I working on a laptop instead of my desktop pc, is just a big waste of time, at least we have zoom now.

2017-03-09, 16:05:32
Reply #49

Dionysios.TS

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Evolvia Imaging

I know it so frustrating!!! I working on a laptop instead of my desktop pc, is just a big waste of time, at least we have zoom now.

Yes, zoom is the only solution... :(

2017-03-09, 16:10:25
Reply #50

Dionysios.TS

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Evolvia Imaging
This means the connection is still open, but the master doesn't read messages from the slave. That's something that never happened to me ...
What do you see in DR tab on master? Can you please send me DR logs from the slave?

I send to your support email the file which causes all the problems today... You could take a look if you want and see how DR reacts to your configuration.

Thanks,

Dionysios -

2017-03-09, 16:35:21
Reply #51

sevecek

• Former Corona Team Member
  • Active Users
    • View Profile

I send to your support email the file which causes all the problems today... You could take a look if you want and see how DR reacts to your configuration.

Thanks,

Dionysios -

Thank you for the logs, they are very helpful!
Could you please send the scene to sevecek at corona-renderer.com ?

2017-03-09, 16:38:33
Reply #52

Dionysios.TS

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Evolvia Imaging

Thanks,

Dionysios -

Thank you for the logs, they are very helpful!
Could you please send the scene to sevecek at corona-renderer.com ?

Sent you the link via email! :)

Thanks!

2017-03-09, 16:58:54
Reply #53

Dionysios.TS

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Evolvia Imaging
Unfortunately I am going back with the builds... The new DR doesn't work at the end. Plenty of problems.

I am sending you an image where you can see the situation: The rendering is finished and for 30 minutes everything seemed blocked. The DR servers are not capable to close properly the process and 3ds Max. At the end, after5 hours of calculation I lost the image as the process failed on everything... :(

I got a 3ds Max adapter error.

Hope guys can find a solution soon.

Thanks,

Dionysios -

2017-03-09, 20:07:02
Reply #54

Jens

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Ikonoform
DR on render node seemed to be looping something and it failed at it every time. So DR would never start on the two latest daily builds (attachment 1 would keep popping up every minute or so).

Restarted everything, then this started to happen on the node when sending a normal job through backburner (had given up on DR). Attachment 2.

Rolled back to the 11/01/2017 daily where things worked before trying the new dailies, but now I get the same ram problem with DR (attachment 3.)

So let's try what worked this morning on the 11/01/2017 daily  (just sending job through backburner to the node), but nope... now textures are missing on certain objects all of a sudden! I'll try with a new scene when time allows - should have taken the advice on not to be messing with dailies on commercial projects. Lesson learned :)
My small 3D model shop: www.ikonoform.com/shop
My arch viz blog: www.ikonoform.com/blog

2017-03-09, 20:51:08
Reply #55

ihabkal

• Active Users
    • View Profile

Yes, zoom is the only solution... :(

there is another solution is to use the interative viewport but then you lose control over light mix within IR.

2017-03-09, 20:53:45
Reply #56

Dionysios.TS

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Evolvia Imaging

there is another solution is to use the interative viewport but then you lose control over light mix within IR.
[/quote]

yes and that what I use also but in a 4K resolution the IR viewport has a lot of pixels to render so is a bit slow in some cases... :(

2017-03-10, 03:09:38
Reply #57

ihabkal

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I just noticed Renzo Piano using Corona, wait till I tell my friends who still use Vray haha

2017-03-14, 08:08:06
Reply #58

jacobhutson

• Active Users
    • View Profile
using 3/8.
Im getting a lot of crashing DR nodes at the end of the job that never clean up
have to kill drserver.exe and 3dsmax.exe and then restart drserver.exe

random amongst 10 assigned nodes.

Oh and 3dsmax will hard crash at the end of 1st frame trying to start 2nd frame  about 25% of the time

EDIT.
Just ran a long DR sequence on 4.5k animation. Crashes are up to about 50%. killing drserver and 3dsmax and relaunching drserver fixes it. It's a pretty light scene.

its rocking when it works. Over 2-2.2 hours as non DR frame, 4-5 minutes as DR frame with 15 nodes.
Using DR it hits the noise measure so much faster.
In other testing its 300-400% faster. Nice job guys. Just get it stable.

Only Error i get is
2017-03-15 07:16:27   Cannot contact 3ds Max, trying again ...
2017-03-15 07:11:19   Cannot contact 3ds Max, trying again ...
2017-03-15 07:11:13   Cannot contact 3ds Max, trying again ...
2017-03-15 07:00:15   Cannot contact 3ds Max, trying again ...
2017-03-15 07:00:16   Cannot contact 3ds Max, trying again ...
and so on.

I have attached logs in progress. I have  routine that runs that kills drserver/3dsmax if its idle. so the log on nodes get reset often.
is there a more detailed option i can enable that would help?
hope there's something in the logs

« Last Edit: 2017-03-14, 22:56:06 by jacobhutson »

2017-03-14, 10:55:19
Reply #59

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
I found another possible but though I didn't have much time to see to it much (unlike long-time dr not possible to close, and denoise/dr crash max now happens 100perc. time in every scene).

The DR now reacts to framebuffer region, but after closing said region, it failed to pick up whole buffer again. The passes kept coming in, but were not allocated everywhere...
Will test again.
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!