Chaos Corona for 3ds Max > [Max] I need help!

Problem with transparent textures

(1/2) > >>

maru:
Here is my problem, maybe someone will help me:

I am trying to make a scene where one object is made of transparent film with printed text on it. You can see it in the attached images.

I made two maps: one for diffuse colour and one for refraction/opacity.

After rendering, all the letters have dark outlines, which is obvious because of antialiasing (re1.jpg). Dark edges of the letters are semi-transparent because of antialiasing in opacity map.

So I tried a different method (re2.jpg) but then the masking shapes are visible because I don't want the film to be completely transparent and diffuse colour is visible.

I also tried saving diffuse map in .png format with alpha channel but max (or Corona?) thinks alpha is white and the effect is still not good (re3.jpg).

I want the film to be opaque where there are letters and shapes and transparent (black with 80% transparency) in the background. And I don't want those dark outlines. I'm lost. How would you do this?

maru:
Looks like the only way to do this is by disabling antialiasing when saving these bitmaps.

rafpug:
Hi maru,
perhaps this example can be useful to you

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOB8CbTZbiM&desktop_uri=%252Fwatch%253Fv%253DFOB8CbTZbiM&app=desktop

Greats
Raf

cecofuli:
Did you try by changing the bitmap filtering inside 3ds max?

maru:
Yes, but it's not that kind of problem.

Maybe Rafpug is right it can be achieved with some blending magic.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version