Chaos Corona for Cinema 4D > [C4D] I need help!

What is the best way to use Backplates in Corona C4D?

<< < (2/3) > >>

BigAl3D:
@Anthe.cr3 Are you saying that when you view your car from an extreme angle, the image no longer lines up with the car? If yes, that is a limitation of using a backplate technique. Looks great if you stay within the limitations of a 2D image.

Dome mapping in v8 daily may give you better results in some situations. Not sure exactly what you want though.

Anthe.cr3:
@BigAl3D

Hi

I did not try to make the point, that the image does not line up with the car (which would be very dumb), but that the Image of the shadow catcher is not in correct aspect ratio, Compared to the corrected aspect ratio of the background image. The car in the second screenshot is not the subject of this issue, it was just there, as i came across this issue during working.

I used the extreme viewing angle, only to showcase that the shadow catcher does not allign with the background image, of which i corrected the aspect ratio.

I downloaded V8 with dome mapping, and it is great for what it does. But when lets say using a larger focal length & trying to render out high resolution renders, corresponding high resolution backplates are the only way to go, as even a 16K Hdri is limited with it's resolution (and some other aspects)

Thanks!

ShynnSup:

--- Quote from: Beanzvision on 2021-11-22, 14:48:28 ---I hope that helps.

--- End quote ---

Thank you @Beanzvision, it did!

One small issue tho, the HDRI I am using has a suggested EV of 6. But this totally blows out the backplate. What do you suggest?

BigAl3D:
@ShynnSup In my experience, you need to add a Corona Compositing Tag to your ground object and turn everything off except Seen by Camera. I think that's what you need. Give it a try.

Beanzvision:
I think you could also try adding a Tone Mapping shader to help control the exposure?
https://support.corona-renderer.com/hc/en-us/articles/4402738012689--Corona-Tonemap-Control-Map

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version