Author Topic: Shadow/Catcher / light problem, something similar to self shadowing, ideas?  (Read 2703 times)

2015-09-01, 12:42:54

juang3d

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi there guys.

I've been tinkering a bit trying to achieve a proper matte shadow "state" for objects in the scene so I can render just an object inside the scene maintaining the light around it but getting just the object and the object casted shadows and GI.

So far I tried to di this:

test_shadow_switch.JPG

And I get this, wich is a cool beauty, and an uncool alpha.

Now I'm wondering how to avoid all this lighting effect in the environment because I need the object and it's effect in the rest of the scene (in this case the text) and I need the reflections and the light to be the same as in the actual real scene without shadow catcher, so I need all the objects with the correct material for GI/Reflection/Refraction,and I override this material just for direct.

if I use the shadow catcher in the Global Illumination slot, as you can imagine all the reflections and lighting change, but I get the alpha I need.

test_shadow_switch_result_gioverriden.JPG

So the question is how can I achieve the beauty of the first sample and the alpha of the second sample in the same render?

Best regards!

P.S.: I forgot how to include attachements in line, can someone refresh me this so I can include the pictures in the post?

2015-09-04, 21:16:40
Reply #1

juang3d

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hey guys, no ideas here?

Dev team? (Maybe it's a more appropriated question for you than for artists)

Cheers.

2015-09-11, 12:01:06
Reply #2

juang3d

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hey guys, I don't want this to be dead, dev team, some ideas?

Cheers.

2015-09-11, 13:36:24
Reply #3

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Hi Juan, for your willingness to help recently I feel indebted to try to help you too. :) Can you submit a support ticket at https://coronarenderer.freshdesk.com/support/tickets/new and describe the problem? (you can just copy the stuff from this thread)
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2015-09-16, 22:38:11
Reply #4

juang3d

• Active Users
    • View Profile