Author Topic: [ARCHIVE] Pre-1.0 Daily builds  (Read 158835 times)

2014-12-20, 23:57:29
Reply #570

juang3d

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Here is the GIF.

Cheers!

2014-12-21, 00:08:07
Reply #571

juang3d

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Mmmh... the noise thing may be my fault because the settings, I'm re-rendering the test.

Cheers!

2014-12-21, 00:21:52
Reply #572

juang3d

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Yes, I can confirm the extra-noise was due to my settings, BUT the render time went higher again, this time the rendertime was 1:21 per frame against 46secs per frame, it's a BIG render time increase.

Cheers

EDIT: I don't knwo why the gif is not being animated :P

2014-12-21, 01:00:12
Reply #573

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
great, so it is not flickering anymore, but the precomp is longer... it will work fine with lower settings for stills. Maybe I will put in an "animation" checkbox that will increase the settings for animations

edit: of course I would like more tests and some animated camera/geometry :D
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2014-12-21, 09:09:38
Reply #574

juang3d

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I have other parts of this video with the camera moving, but with HD Cache I did no saw any flicker, the main flicker was in regions like that one, no matter if the camera or an object was moving.

Cheers.

2014-12-21, 11:09:06
Reply #575

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
Ok, now the surprise. I am trying out a new UI concept. The problem with existing renderer UI is that there are too many rollouts, that take up 1/3 - 1/2 of the render settings space, even though they are collapsed:

Some of the rollouts get buried in the collapsed ones, their order can change by accient, ... I always spend time searching for the right one, since I dont know where it is, and if it is collapsed or not. Unfortunately 3dsmax does not offer much in a way of different solutions, and number of rollouts cannot be decreased. But I got an idea for (relatively) simple solution:

I've added an "index" rollout, that can show/hide other rollouts. When you click a button, rollout appears, when you click again, it disappears. This way unneeded tabs are hidden, and the UI stays clean. Plus you always know where the tab you are searching for is. Today it will be added in the daily builds. What do you think?
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2014-12-21, 11:41:13
Reply #576

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
Wow! That is an excellent idea! There's a couple tabs that i've never used at all - now i can get rid of them. Cool!
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2014-12-21, 11:57:01
Reply #577

pokoy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Yes, good idea actually.

On a sidenote, the above mentioned update to the changelog would be REALLY great. If you think about it, it can't take that much time on your side and will probably save 20x the time when you consider how much time testers spend figuring things out by themselves.

2014-12-21, 12:15:29
Reply #578

Stan_But

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • https://www.behance.net/archdizs

2014-12-21, 12:34:42
Reply #579

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Cool. But I think it may be hard for new users. Or if you're not very familiar with Corona settings, you can forget which setting you changed and have problems looking for it.

Maybe "show all" button?
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2014-12-21, 12:50:40
Reply #580

snakebox

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Snakebox Media
Cool. But I think it may be hard for new users. Or if you're not very familiar with Corona settings, you can forget which setting you changed and have problems looking for it.

Maybe "show all" button?

@keymaster yes please! looks awesome! as long as things open and close super fast and there is no delay... everyone haaate UI delay.  It would work in a very similar way (sort of) as nodes and properties work in Nuke.

@Maru like with everything if the new users have never used corona with the current UI, they won't know any better, and a simple manual / I think most people will get it once the click on the first tab.  I could be wrong, but I highly doubt the people using renders these days, don't click on everything anyway :p

2014-12-21, 12:54:16
Reply #581

Siahpoosh

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Siahpoosh.Net
good idea keymaster ,

2014-12-21, 14:37:27
Reply #582

lacilaci

• Active Users
    • View Profile

Maybe "show all" button?

I'm thinking the same. A completely new user to corona might not be able to appreciate this concept. It looks like a good idea, but I guess only time will tell.

2014-12-21, 14:45:07
Reply #583

antanas

• Active Users
  • Hmm ...
    • View Profile
Well I mostly select the needed rollout by rightclicking and selecting the one I need, but this new ui can be less cumbersome for sure, still as maru suggested some sort of "show all" button would be welcome or maybe it can be some sort of basic/advanced mode switch/selector.

2014-12-21, 20:25:08
Reply #584

juang3d

• Active Users
    • View Profile
@Kyemaster
I really like the idea, if I',m right Thikbox Krakatoa has a similar workflow, not exactly the same, but a similar idea to organize the tons and tons of features it has.

IMHO a very elegant and useful solution :)

Cheers!