Author Topic: Which V-Ray feature should we bring to Corona?  (Read 62041 times)

2017-08-31, 20:07:02
Reply #75

LorenzoS

• Active Users
    • View Profile
The  antialiasing works batter in vray then in corona expecially when you need sharp detail
A mitchell  netravali or catmull rom fillers should be welcome

2017-09-01, 10:18:43
Reply #76

Siahpoosh

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • Siahpoosh.Net
Alembic loader , i think it will be awesome if we can have this feature , because its possible to load a fluid mesh with velocity data, and then we can render our fluid with Motion Blur in corona.

2017-09-01, 12:44:49
Reply #77

moriah

• Active Users
    • View Profile
+1 for Alembic loader too.

2017-09-02, 19:24:17
Reply #78

cecofuli

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • www.francescolegrenzi.com
CoronaToon  =)

Now it's almost impossible to render, with Corona, professional Toon rendering.
Look at also FinalToon or Pencil+
So, it will be possible, also, to make cartoon movie with Corona

2017-09-03, 10:10:11
Reply #79

LorenzoS

• Active Users
    • View Profile
The "affect diffuse" checkbox for the lights, very useful for example when i need only extra reflection on material.

2017-09-03, 10:32:41
Reply #80

savat

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Not a dome light but a dedicated Environment lighting tool, a more clean draft render mode (like light cache+light cache) would be useful too...my 2 cents.

2017-09-03, 10:47:21
Reply #81

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
The "affect diffuse" checkbox for the lights, very useful for example when i need only extra reflection on material.

Use CoronaLight material with unchecked emit light option - does the same.
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2017-09-03, 11:39:13
Reply #82

Jahman

• Active Users
  • Panteleev Sergey
    • View Profile
    • some of my scripts for 3ds max
Using CoronaMultimap as scene environment map, setting it to "Material", plug the Hdris (as corona bitmap) you need in the slots, key all "Frequency" to zero at frame 0, key slot 1 frequency (for camera 1) to 1.0 at frame 1, key slot 2 (for camera 2) to 1.0 at frame 2 and the rest to zero and so on for every shot which needs a different HDRI. You then have just to render the apropriate frame for the chosen camera without having to change anything manually over and over again.

My corona trial is expired so cannot test, but just curious how does that affect RAM consumption? Most likely that all of these hdrs are loaded for each frame rendered.

I did something similar with a script and composite texture. Not sure about RAM but it was definitely slower.
Unfortunately 3dsmax Environment map is set on render start for the whole animation sequence and no changes can be made before/after frame is rendered. So you can't just replace it with another hdr at another frame. (Since all the resources needed to render the sequence are loaded on render start)

2017-09-03, 13:08:03
Reply #83

LorenzoS

• Active Users
    • View Profile

Use CoronaLight material with unchecked emit light option - does the same.
Thank you romullus, this is the solution i need.

2017-09-03, 14:01:19
Reply #84

romullus

• Global Moderator
  • Active Users
  • Let's move this topic, shall we?
    • View Profile
    • My Models
You're welcome! That's one feature less to bring from V-ray :]
I'm not Corona Team member. Everything i say, is my personal opinion only.
My Models | My Videos | My Pictures

2017-09-03, 14:33:16
Reply #85

duke

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Bucket rendering, anyone? If I remember correctly, it greatly helps with reducing RAM consumption compared to rendering the whole whole image at once.

2017-09-03, 15:57:19
Reply #86

Noah45

• Active Users
  • press *1
    • View Profile
^ Buy more Ram, F**k the bucket, whole image rendering is one of my favorite feature of Corona.
Retail Illustrator  (for ever' 80's )
3DMax 2020/Corona Version: 6DB

2017-09-03, 16:04:11
Reply #87

mirokurcik

• Active Users
    • View Profile
2D displacement
vray pattern
proxy mesh visibility from vrayproxy
cryptomatte

2017-09-03, 16:25:11
Reply #88

duke

• Active Users
    • View Profile
^ Buy more Ram, F**k the bucket, whole image rendering is one of my favorite feature of Corona.

Can you kindly point out where did I say "remove progressive rendering"?

2017-09-03, 16:39:43
Reply #89

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
Bucket rendering, anyone? If I remember correctly, it greatly helps with reducing RAM consumption compared to rendering the whole whole image at once.

That's only true in single particular case, when certain geometry (in proxy) can be off-loaded and on-loaded when particular buckets aren't covering it on screen.
Buckets have been laid to forever rest and I am pretty sure are never coming back :- )

But there are other, better memory optimizations that will come to Corona. You're not alone, even my 64gb ram is screaming all the time...
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!