Author Topic: Nordic Pack  (Read 24802 times)

2015-07-21, 12:26:15
Reply #15

Nekrobul

• Primary Certified Instructor
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
25 $ would be to cheap for a single high quality asset, what to talk about 4 interior scenes. Your undercutting price policy is very wrong and harms busines.

why? Do you think Corona harms rendering software business?

I think he ment it not about corona but about the scene prices, there is this russian word демпинг. It is all about it, even in our Latvian prices 25 bucs for 4 scenes is crazy cheap.
---------------------------------------------------------------
https://www.blackbellstudio.com/
https://www.behance.net/blackbell3d
CEO at "Blackbell Studio"

2015-07-21, 13:09:39
Reply #16

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
sure, but you could also say that corona has dumping prices ;) I mean, if thats the price he wants, and he has the rights to models/textures, why not...
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2015-07-21, 13:21:34
Reply #17

Malor

• Active Users
    • View Profile
25 $ would be to cheap for a single high quality asset, what to talk about 4 interior scenes. Your undercutting price policy is very wrong and harms busines.

Yeah. When Henry Ford started selling model T he harmed automotive industry. Poor fellas are still recovering. The poin of Corona Render's or MD's or Rail Clone's existence is not for people to charge the same for half of the work done, it's that you can charge the same as everyone, but do better work in a given timeframe. Ergo, interior scenes, that became so much easier to create in the last few years are bound to get cheaper. and its a good thing. another good thing is that you don't need to spent 5 years learning to use vray and cloth and shit, you can achieve the same results in about a year. So now you actually need to have an artistic taste to be good at 3d, cause technically everyone is on about the same level of quality. Guys like Benoit can afford to charge 150$ for their scenes not because the scene is worth 150$, but because people will reverse engineer the shit out of every material and every map there. And looking at Nordic scenes preview, i don't think there's anything groundbreaking there, just a bunch of things that 80% of  people, say on this forum, can, but won't be bothered to do. Don't get me wrong, i'm not undervaluing pmcf's work. People who put assets out there deserve all the love and cash in the world. It's just that scenes consisting mainly of blankets and books should not cost 200 euro just because they are properly lit.

Another thing. Industry is growing constantly, so now pmcf here has 5000 potential clients, not 50. Hence a lower price point with the same autor's income overall.

I can see why everyone would want to be the only court composer, but what really harms business is lack of new ideas due to a ridiculous technical treshhold and overpriced assets.
and our industry is still very inaccessible.

2015-07-21, 14:12:12
Reply #18

Nekrobul

• Primary Certified Instructor
  • Active Users
    • View Profile
sure, but you could also say that corona has dumping prices ;) I mean, if thats the price he wants, and he has the rights to models/textures, why not...

Meh i dont think that you guys are dumpig prices much ) Corona license price is just right.

I am am not arguing about the autors right to place the price what he thinks he sould place. I am just trying to tell that the math is kind a strange.

25/4 = 6.25 per scene

And lets say there some 10h per scene to complete that is .65$ per human\hr that is wierd.

To Malor - i do not agree this is not a sort of conveer work most of visulasers are artists an attach imagination and soul to their work and client mostly must understand that is worth more than job done without entusiasm.

PS - i does not mean to disarrange anyone just telling my thoughts.
---------------------------------------------------------------
https://www.blackbellstudio.com/
https://www.behance.net/blackbell3d
CEO at "Blackbell Studio"

2015-07-21, 14:46:29
Reply #19

j_forrester

• Active Users
    • View Profile
To be honest they are very well lit and textured nicely. The price point may be slightly low, but from someone new to "selling scenes" it probably isn't a bad starting point. Like Malor said Bertrand Benoit has built up a very good reputation over many years so therefore can charge the prices he does. Someone new to the market simply cannot charge a similar price.

The way to view it would be do you charge a good amount more and sell very few or sell a large amount more at a lower price point (somewhat of an introductory price). If/When you start to get good feedback and word spreads then start charging a little bit more, the businesses out there charging high prices for quality products didn't start charging that price from day one. If they are overpriced to start off with there will be no reputation to build on as you need as many people to buy and spread the word as possible.

Just my thoughts on it, good luck though.

2015-07-21, 14:49:58
Reply #20

pmcf1981

• Active Users
    • View Profile
agree with malor and j_forrester

It was a simple  kickstart Price  for show there is a polyviz in market ...

2015-07-21, 15:19:02
Reply #21

Malor

• Active Users
    • View Profile
And again. Acessible assets don't hurt anyone. Polyviz will sell a shitload of their scenes. And we all will spend our time on something that really matters like shading, lighting and cameras, without having to go in and manually build every goddam piece of furniture. Oh, and most importantly if a designer can afford to pay for a professional viz, without giving away half of his income, then we get better designers overall, cause they'll be able to articulate their unconventional ideas to the client through pictures. There's been quite a few times, for example, where i had to half ass certain parts of the job, because i had no time to do it right. And everytime i give away bad renders client cuts every idea, that is not properly conveyed in those renders, leaving only basic stuff that he can understand. Every one of us at some point probably sacrificed, say, a very particular wood shader, that required 6 hours to get right, without which the whole piece ends up looking meh and gets dropped. 

2015-07-21, 15:42:12
Reply #22

Malor

• Active Users
    • View Profile
25/4 = 6.25 per scene

And lets say there some 10h per scene to complete that is .65$ per human\hr that is wierd.

Ok Computer costs 13$ on itunes. it took Radiohead 9 months to record.  13 /(22 work days * 8 hours a day * 9 months) = 0.00821$ per human/hr.

My point being, don't forget those scenes are a mass product. Not to mention advertisement value ofc.

2015-07-21, 20:39:41
Reply #23

fellazb

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi there,

I bought the product and I also thought the price was low, but to be honest it was also the sweet spot. I think you get more profit by selling low then hoping people would buy it it it was four times higher. My only concern was if all the models and textures were being done inhouse and from what I read it isn't. That's a pity and hope you can correct it.

So...can I use these commercially now?

2015-07-21, 21:06:46
Reply #24

pmcf1981

• Active Users
    • View Profile
hi

you can use in your projects.

almost all the textures can be found on the internet only with  google . we just stopped selling because we have to replace some models becouse is not  proper to  use .

2015-07-21, 23:53:44
Reply #25

Ondra

• Administrator
  • Active Users
  • Turning coffee to features since 2009
    • View Profile
well the thing is, you have no right to use any texture or model you find on internet, unless there is a specific permission for you to do so. So you might be still liable even for textures.
Rendering is magic.How to get minidumps for crashed/frozen 3ds Max | Sorry for short replies, brief responses = more time to develop Corona ;)

2015-08-03, 15:03:17
Reply #26

brunom207

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hi all

When the pack will be available again and what will be price.

2015-08-03, 17:37:19
Reply #27

Juraj

• Active Users
    • View Profile
    • studio website
Every one of us at some point probably sacrificed, say, a very particular wood shader, that required 6 hours to get right, without which the whole piece ends up looking meh and gets dropped.

Off-topic of me...but damn, so much this :- ). I've long ago stopped clients from giving me some artistic photo of studio lit environment of some uniquely designed furniture in their hope that somehow..I will make it look identically amazing in completely different scene, let alone be able to get the super unique wood shader of some subsaharan african tree and make the shader tint and glitter like.... fuck. Now it's one or two of such items per project, and hefty fee on top of it. And I finally keep my sanity.

Regarding price... cheap stuff is OK, it's not undermining anyone. Super expensive and super cheap stuff can actually perfectly coexist, even if they look 90perc. to be of similar quality.
But not at costs of other people's stuff. The single Icelandic HDRi from CG-Source costs 20 euro, that I see was used :- ). If I would continue counting the other assets I recognize it would be well over 10 times that.
Please follow my new Instagram for latest projects, tips&tricks, short video tutorials and free models
Behance  Probably best updated portfolio of my work
lysfaere.com Please check the new stuff!

2015-08-03, 17:59:56
Reply #28

GestaltDesign

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Bugger, I was about to purchase this as it struck me as good value...... a smart way to intoduce your business!!
Seeing it is now twice the price I can not justify it, oh well, such is life.

2015-08-05, 18:37:33
Reply #29

Fritzlachatte

• Active Users
    • View Profile
But not at costs of other people's stuff. The single Icelandic HDRi from CG-Source costs 20 euro, that I see was used :- ). If I would continue counting the other assets I recognize it would be well over 10 times that.

Do I understand this right, the HDRI etc. has been "re-resold"?!  I had quite often realized 3d Models from e.g. 3dsky and other CG-sites which were used here and sold as a part of this "unique" package. If I imagine the hours for modeling a simple table with an average level of detail, it takes some time and even if I would decide to release it for free to a community of fellows, I would be a little pissed off, without some credits.

Just my opinion, but for sure, the images look great. ( seems to have a good environmental lighting :-) )