Author Topic: Denoising not working with VFB history  (Read 1007 times)

2023-08-09, 13:26:14

Neil Cross

• Active Users
    • View Profile
I havent tested C11 so this is probably more c10 related,
Fast preview denoise during render and store current vfb history dont work together. Currenty VFB is storing history without denoise.

2023-08-09, 15:40:10
Reply #1

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Moved from Corona 11 changelog to Bug Reporting. We will look into this.

Related report about bloom and glare: (Internal ID=1160624638)
Marcin Miodek | chaos-corona.com
3D Support Team Lead - Corona | contact us

2023-08-09, 16:00:26
Reply #2

Neil Cross

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Thanks Maru, I thought it was a feature that needed to be added rather than it being an actual bug.

2023-08-14, 10:11:54
Reply #3

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Hi Neil, I tested this with Corona 10 HF1 and all denoiser types and could not reproduce it. The history always stores the image with the current denoising type enabled for me, I can compare the denoised image from the history with the current VFB, etc. Everything seems to be working as expected.

If you are able to consistently reproduce the problem, could you please share a couple of screenshots explaining what exactly you are doing?

2023-08-14, 10:13:04
Reply #4

maru

• Corona Team
  • Active Users
  • Marcin
    • View Profile
Ohhh, it's about interactive rendering, right? I'll log it, but not sure if it's technically possible.

(Internal ID=411827048)

2023-08-22, 17:13:01
Reply #5

Neil Cross

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hey Maru, yes during interactive. denoise drops when you store current vfb that has denoise applied.

2023-08-22, 18:27:43
Reply #6

pokoy

• Active Users
    • View Profile
Hey Maru, yes during interactive. denoise drops when you store current vfb that has denoise applied.
Yes, the behavior is not consistent between final and IR rendering mode, but it's always been that way.

If you're rendering in final mode, the denoised result is stored in render history and can be retrieved anytime (using denoiser on/off checkbox, it works on current final render displayed in the VFB and final renders saved to history).

In IR mode, denoiser is only available for the actively running render in the VFB, but will not be saved to history, hence can't be retrieved form history. But will show a final render with denoised result in A/B history mode if that has been saved to history. And can't be switched on/off in the VFB window.

It's a bit confusing but the rule is if you want to save denoised renders to history and be able to retrieve the denoised result you have to use final render mode.

Ideally, it should always be the same behavior, preferably the one from final render mode so it works in all situations.