Chaos Corona for 3ds Max > [Max] Resolved Bugs

LUT error when opening Corona 8 scenes

<< < (7/7)

GeorgeK:

--- Quote from: Basshunter on 2022-05-29, 17:50:47 ---
--- Quote from: Basshunter on 2022-04-17, 16:09:25 ---With Corona 8, I get an error message every time I open my scenes. It says that Corona couldn't load my custom LUT. No matter how many times I reload the LUT and save the changes, the error will show up when I open the scene again.
This never happened in previous version.

--- End quote ---

Any news about this? Has it been addressed in the the new Corona 9 version?

--- End quote ---

Hi again, any updates regarding this? Please feel free to consider a remote session to assess this directly if you are still having issues with it..

Basshunter:
Hi George.

I think I found the culprit. As you can see on the attached image, the solution is to have "Converting local files paths to relative" unchecked.

Now, the thing is that we've been working with this option checked from the very beginning of Corona and it was never an issue. So as I mentioned in some of my first posts, there must be something different in the way this new version of Corona handles paths, so that this option can't be used anymore.

Maybe now you have a better idea of what might be going on. I'd really like to understand this issue.

GeorgeK:

--- Quote from: Basshunter on 2022-06-09, 21:20:54 ---Hi George.

I think I found the culprit. As you can see on the attached image, the solution is to have "Converting local files paths to relative" unchecked.

Now, the thing is that we've been working with this option checked from the very beginning of Corona and it was never an issue. So as I mentioned in some of my first posts, there must be something different in the way this new version of Corona handles paths, so that this option can't be used anymore.

Maybe now you have a better idea of what might be going on. I'd really like to understand this issue.

--- End quote ---

Thanks for this, it does seem to affect LUT path in some way, logged for further investigation, nice catch! Two questions if I may:

1)Does it affect all of your scenes?
2)All LUTs are loaded locally?

(Internal ID=912523325)

Basshunter:

--- Quote from: GeorgeK on 2022-06-10, 10:28:54 ---1)Does it affect all of your scenes?
2)All LUTs are loaded locally?

--- End quote ---
1) Yes, it affects all my scenes.
2) By "locally" you mean from my hard drive? If that's the case, yes, all my LUTs are loaded locally.

Feel free to ask any other question if you need to.

maru:
According to our investigation, this happens if you store a LUT on one drive (by default C:\) but you save your scene on another drive (for example D or gdrive G:\). This may be a 3ds Max or even Windows limitation. Perhaps resolving another drive to a relative path is not possible. We will see if we can do something about it, but we can't promise anything.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version